***We are NYC based, but this role can be fully remote
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more. If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
As the Product Design Manager on our Codecademy for Business team, you’ll work on the entire B2B eco system of our product including but not limited to top of funnel acquisition, trial success, admin and facilitation, and content authoring. As the design leader for this cornerstone of our business, you will collaborate with leaders in Product, Engineering, Sales, Curriculum, and Marketing to ensure a consistent and effective journey throughout Codecademy for Business. You, and your team, serve as advocates for the user across all aspects of the journey.
This role will manage a team of three Product Designers staffed across cross-functional teams. In addition to building great products together, you will also work with your team to unlock their potential and develop their design craft further. You will be accountable for the design output across your team and have the opportunity to shape the specifics of design unique to our rapidly scaling Codecademy for Business suite of products.
Your work will empower millions of people worldwide to learn how to code and create something. Together, we can redesign education and create the best online learning experience, leading to tangible skills that make access to real world employment opportunities a reality!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Grow a team of designers doing exceptional work on a rapidly scaling product
- Advocate for our users in strategy, roadmap prioritization and how we build Codecademy for Business
- Foster craft development for the designers you manage, enabling them to pursue the north star of their design career
- Collaborate with Design leadership to ensure a consistent journey and continuous improvement of standards across the Design team
- Drive requirements for our design system, Gamut, as a force multiplier on your team
- Pursue a north star of seamless collaboration between product, design and engineering
- Work closely with additional cross-functional teams such as Sales, Curriculum, and Marketing to ship bar-raising work at a rapid pace
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years experience managing a team of designers to deliver to consistently meet company goals
- Ability to recruit designers and foster the development of career and craft
- A human-centered design process that produces thoughtful and engaging product design work
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Demonstrated history of shipping complex, solutions-oriented B2B product design work
- Strong graphic design foundations mindful of typography, color usage, visual hierarchy, etc.
- Experience performing and analyzing UX research
- Proficiency with Figma and prototyping tools
- A passion to continually learn and help others in their educational pursuits
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience building a design team from the ground up
- You’ve had a different career prior to your design career
- SaaS product development expertise, especially within B2B
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms– race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status– and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.