We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙 350,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙 600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙 150,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙 90% support emails answered in two hours or less.
🐙 Over 25,000 companies use Octopus Deploy, including (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia’s second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
We are looking for a Demand Generation Director who wants to be a part of an extraordinary and diverse team, who thinks big, moves fast and wants to empower the team to drive growth through impactful demand generation campaigns.
The perfect candidate can balance customer needs, market opportunities and business strategies. They will have previous experience leading teams and are well regarded as thoughtful people leader.
The Demand Generation Director will have full ownership, influence and accountability for developing the global marketing demand generation and engagement plan across all channels to deliver an inbound strategy for the qualified leads/trials, sales pipeline and ultimately, revenue contribution.
This is a remote role to work from anywhere in the USA. You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the USA to apply for this opportunity.
Salary Expectations: USD $170,000- $190,000 + stock options
We Are Looking For a Demand Generation Leader To:
- Lead the team to develop, produce and implement a series of strategic, central and field marketing programs, including integrated campaigns, events, digital marketing and partner marketing programs.
- Manage the team and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to lead the marketing strategic planning process, goal-setting, execution, measurement and optimization of demand generation and engagement campaigns.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure marketing support, including Sales, Customer Success, SDRs, Operations, Channel.
- Build scalable, repeatable marketing programs that have broad, but targeted reach.
- Continually experiment and introduce new approaches to marketing that engage customers and prospects in innovative ways.
- Evaluate and optimize iteratively based on business priorities and customer behaviour and needs.
- Track, measure, and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns and report results to sales and marketing leadership.
You will be a great fit for this role if you are:
- B2B demand generation or campaign experience within the software space.
- Innovative and enthusiastic with strong communications skills.
- Experienced at leading and inspiring individuals and teams. Have the ability to develop talent and a high-performance culture.
- Have a record of delivering pipeline growth and meeting commercial targets, an understanding of strategic business drivers and the correlation to the marketing strategy.
- Can demonstrate understanding of marketing delivery and all elements of the marketing mix, including demand generation and ABM.
- Able and interested in translating key messages into compelling full-funnel campaigns and optimizing the delivery of the campaigns globally.
- Experienced working directly with senior leaders and stakeholders to set and manage expectations.
- Adept at making resources allocation decisions and tradeoffs to make the appropriate long term strategic investments while maintaining the short-term delivery of results.
- Worked in the scale stage of a fast-growing business.
- Comfortable with wearing many hats and shifting between jobs.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of software development trends and technologies.
- Ability to travel to industry association events and customer / non-customer sites globally (20%)
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you’ll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How To Apply:
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the relevant job ad location (Australia, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom) to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV – your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skillset and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We’ve become the “best in class” tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we have helped 25,000 companies to automate complex deployments, and we employ 200+ wonderful people.
We’re a growing, profitable business. Our goal is to build a company that will last forever while enjoying the journey and doing work that we’re proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use. After bootstrapping for a decade, we quietly raised Australia’s second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD $172M minority investment from Insight Partners.