🌍 Can you help us change the world?
Yes, you read that correctly. It sounds grand, but we’ve got big ideas at Mews. We’re transforming the world of hospitality, re-imagining the industry with a best-in-class cloud-based property management solution for hotels, hostels, apartments, and so much more.
We’re on the lookout for ambitious, tenacious and passionate people who want to join the next generation of innovators and disrupt the hospitality industry with us. Sound good so far? If you’re a Deal Desk Specialist, keep reading and tumble down the Mews rabbit hole… 🐇
🧑🏻💻 About the role
First things first: you want to know what you’re actually applying for. It’s impossible to capture every nuance of a role – especially at a rapidly growing company like Mews – but if we had to distill it down to a job description (which we do, because this is a job description), it would be this:
✅ Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
We are looking for a highly motivated Deal Desk Specialist. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge in a high-growth environment and is steadfast in their pursuit of excellence. This position will play a key role in enabling extensive, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the global sales organisation that will drive efficiencies, profitability, and more robust controls. The Deal Desk Specialist is a key member of Mews’ Commercial team and will report directly to the Deal Desk Manager. We are looking for a results-driven, self-starter to join our team. This individual will be a trusted advisor to the sales team while ensuring all deals meet the regulatory and financial guidelines.
The main function of the Deal Desk is to provide guidance to the Sales teams in the development of quotes, proposals and contracts for existing and prospective customers to ensure that Mews is able to win deals, increase market share and meet our ambitious growth plan. In addition, the Deal Desk Specialist will assist our commercial teams on contractual objection handling, Mews Payments conditions and competitive value propositioning to help drive deal closure, improve sales velocity and increase total deal value. This may include direct interaction with customers and prospects as applicable.
- Act as a critical enabler of deal formation and execution, focusing on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and market share based on business priorities
- Assist the commercial teams with Deal Structuring, Quoting and Pricing, Special Terms and Exception Approvals Management
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint and adherence of standard business practices and policies
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring sophisticated deals, driving cross-functional and cross solution teamwork.
- Assist the commercial organisation during the customer/contracting lifecycle from Contract-to-Order-to-Booking-to-Renewal/Cross-sell/Up-sell.
- Consult with sales and channel partners on pricing, quoting and contracting models and best practices and consult with commercial teams on specific contracts where appropriate.
- Identify and analyse problems using sound judgment and creatively determine solutions in order to effectively resolve issues and continuously improve business processes and systems.
- Ensure and manage data quality in SFDC for all proposed and closed quotes/deals. This includes special customer pricing, customer entitlements, and deal amounts.
- Project manage and lead any Mews RFP/RFI/tender response.
- Business degree and/or MBA and 3-5 years of software industry experience, (Deal Desk, Finance, Sales Operations experience preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC), enterprise quoting and exception approval workflow systems.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; diligent with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills along with the ability to demonstrate practical judgment in sophisticated situations
- Program and project management skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable presenting business cases and complex pricing proposals to senior executives.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is definitely a plus
🎉 What’s in it for you?
Did you know that Mews has been voted the Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech 2 years running? You do now. Most of that is down to our inspiring team, but part of it is because of some pretty amazing perks. As well as awesome colleagues and stimulating work, you’ll get:
- Company shares 📈
- Unlimited holiday (no, this is not a typo) 🏝
- Flexible benefits/ monthly allowance via the Thanks Ben platform 🧘🏿♀️
- Aetna health insurance
- Remote/flexible working 💻
- Monthly working from home allowance 💰
- Regular team events, socials and a legendary annual company gathering, Mews Con (the only con that’s actually a pro) 🥳
🤷🏻 Who is Mews?
We want to get to know you, so it’s only fair we tell you a little bit about ourselves first. Mews has been transforming hospitality since 2012. What began in a single hotel in Prague now powers thousands of hotels around the world, as they pursue their mission to develop transformational solutions for brands and create remarkable experiences for guests.
Since the beginning, Mews embraced being different. Mews is not simply a property management system, but a connected hospitality cloud with products across the hotel ecosystem and more integrations than anyone else.
From global hospitality brands to independent properties, hoteliers join Mews because they recognize the power of innovation. They understand that they can benefit from hotel tech that drives efficiency, maximizes revenue, and improves guest happiness.
Mews serves over 3,000 properties across more than 70 countries around the globe and works with a huge number of hotel tech partners to provide hoteliers with an unbeatable connectivity – no other solution offers as many integrations.
At the 2020 HotelTechAwards, Mews was voted Best PMS by industry peers. Mews was also a Best PMS Finalist in 2021 and 2022, as well as being named Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech in the same years. Mews ranked 24th in the FT 1000 fastest growing European companies in 2021.
Life at Mews
That’s what we do, but what about who we are? Mews’ culture is special and difficult to capture in words, which makes writing this tricky. You’ll experience the freedom to be yourself and the ability to watch your ideas come to life. You’ll have an open line of communication and an open invitation to after-work drinks, be they virtual or in-person. Sometimes the work can be challenging and there can be a lot of it, but you’ll always be able to rely on those around you.
Yes, we’re ambitious and we move fast, but we know the value of fun and taking a breather. Every month we have a Wellness Wednesday, a day off that you can use to boost your health, whether that’s a long lie-in, a trip to the gym, or anything in between. We have slack channels for almost every interest imaginable, and an all-company meeting every Friday gives you the chance to ask any question to our leadership team. Oh, and we love our pets. To get more of an idea what life at Mews is like (and to see dozens of cute cats, dogs, and hamsters), check out our Instagram.
We’re guided by our five key values; if you see yourself in them, it’s time to get in touch.
We truly believe that great technology can make the entire human experience better.
We’re tough. The workload might be heavy, but with one foot in front of the other, we can handle an intensity workout.
We’re innately curious. We read, we discover, we ask questions, we challenge assumptions, and we’re obsessed with the word ‘why’.
We’re an open book. We share our work and experiences with one another, as well as our community.
You can’t take risks if you’re afraid to fail. We all make mistakes. The key is to learn, get feedback and improve.