SurveyMonkey is a global leader in online surveys and forms that empowers people with the insights they need to make decisions with speed and confidence. Our fast, intuitive feedback management platform connects millions of users worldwide with real-time AI-powered insights that drive meaningful decisions. We provide answers to more than 20 million questions every day so that people and organizations can attract new audiences, delight customers, create advocates, and extend their competitive advantage in the marketplace. Our vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at surveymonkey.com.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced data Engineer to join a team of highly skilled data engineers and data architects to build and manage the end-to-end data pipelines (batch and near real-time) using modern cloud technologies. This is a role in the central data organization at SurveyMonkey that provides actionable insights into all key business functions of the organization
As a Data Engineer, you will work on data engineering initiatives and build end-to-end analytical solutions that are highly available, scalable, stable, secure, and cost-effective.
What you’ll be working on
- Design, architect and build data pipelines to support existing data models
- Data quality: Build quality checks in the end-to-end data pipelines
- Build new Data models (Fact vs Dimension). Write performant/idempotent transformations in Snowflake
- Build data pipeline using Python scripting (in a modular/loop context) Write well-tested, production-ready code in Python and Snowflake SQL
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices
- Translate business requirements, to technical specifications, form project scope, and deliver deployable code.
- Write complex data engineering Snowflake – SQL jobs that perform sophisticated queries on the entirety of our datasets
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders, upstream and downstream partners
- Document our systems for internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and debug data pipelines running on Airflow
- Participate in code reviews
We’d love to hear from people with
- 4+ years experience in data engineering and Data warehousing technologies
- 2+ years experience in Snowflake/ETL or similar technologies like Redshift
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, RDS, Spark, EMR etc
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python (preferred), Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience in orchestrating, automating, and deploying production data pipelines using Airflow/Luigi, etc
- Experience with DevOPS: Git, Github actions, CI/CD pipelines, Terraform, etc
- Experience building Data infrastructure or Data Platform Framework Preferred
- Experience with tools such as DBT or other similar technologies
- Experience with transforming, and developing data structures, metadata, dependency, and data workflows to support an Analytics function
- In-depth knowledge of Data lakes, EDW concepts, and data modeling (Star, Snowflake, and Galaxy schemas)
The base pay provided for this position ranges from $106,880 / year – $160,320 / year depending on the geographic market and assuming a full-time schedule. Actual base pay is based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education or training, skills, and experience.
Bonuses and commissions may also be offered as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Why SurveyMonkey? We’re glad you asked
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. We’re building an inclusive workplace where people of every background can excel no matter their time zone. At SurveyMonkey, we weave employee feedback into everything we do to create forward-looking benefits policies, employee programs, and an award-winning culture, including best workplace for parents, our annual holiday refresh, our annual week of service, and our C.H.O.I.C.E Fund. In addition, we’ve reimagined the way we work to allow employees to choose what works best for them — working in-person, fully remote, or a hybrid model that combines the two through our Choice Model.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.