Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join the Finance Data Analytics function at 1Password. The Finance Data Analytics function combines finance and technical data analytics capabilities within the Finance organization. Your mission is to support finance partners, senior leaders, Board of Directors with accurate and reliable data and actionable insights for ongoing reporting needs, ad-hoc data requests, business intelligence solutions, and advanced data analytics and predictions.
The Finance Data Analytics Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Finance Data Analytics and coach a team that can deliver comprehensive reporting & analytics capabilities at 1Password. A successful candidate will be action-oriented and diagnose our current challenges with financial data and implement a plan to level up all things data related. They will mentor a team of data analysts and build trust with key stakeholders by providing accurate and consistent reporting and analysis to make data-driven decisions.
In this role you will be expected to be hands-on with direct ownership of our most important KPIs while also building out the team and processes to align cross-functional stakeholders.
This is a Remote opportunity within the Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ Years in a Data Analytics role in a SaaS or Software company with experience as a manager of analytics, Finance Analytics experience preferred
- An analytical, detail driven problem solver with a keen eye for uncovering actionable insights that can be applied to drive the business.
- Experience working within a high growth organization
- Able to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through to completion
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re biased towards action. You have a curious mind and are excited to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats to solve complex problems and deliver impact
- Great communication and project management skills
- An ability to engage with all levels of the organization and understand complex product and business systems
- Experience working with modern BI tools (e.g. Looker, Mode, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) – we use Looker here
- Expertise with SQL & Excel for data analysis
What you can expect:
- Own the data accuracy of financial metrics critical to 1Password (Annual Recurring Revenue, Gross Retention, Net Retention, Churn, Customer count, segment data, etc.)
- Create and own data validation, proactively identify and resolve inconsistencies to ensure we build trust and have integrity in our data
- Partner with Data Engineering team to refine data logic and data processes to deliver reliable metrics that are consistent with business definition
- Partner with Finance to identify and define key metrics, align definitions with cross-functional teams, translate business requirements into technical criteria, create data project plan (scope, timing, ownership), and oversee and report execution progress to senior management
- Establish & maintain a data dictionary and organized models in our BI tools to empower consistent reporting & analysis
- Build data-driven stories to support decision making throughout the organization
- Act as a thought partner with business users
- Provide project leadership and guidance to the data analysts on the team
- Identify methods to continuously improve data integrity across all data sources
- Oversee the scheduled processing of various datasets and troubleshoot any problems that arise
Bonus points for:
- Strong understanding of SaaS business metrics and experience owning financial data through IPO
- Familiarity with data warehouse architecture
- Ability to use python for data analysis
- Experience with git and docker
- Salesforce / Netsuite experience
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.