Carry1st is the leading publisher of mobile games in Africa. We work with studios across the globe to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition, Carry1st has built a proprietary payments engine, Pay1st, and ecommerce platform, the Carry1st Shop, which allows customers to pay for digital content leveraging local payment methods.
As a Data Analyst for the Platform, you will work with Carry1st’s product and growth teams to better understand and serve our customers. You will build analytics and reporting solutions to translate data into actionable insights for both the Carry1st Shop – our B2C ecommerce platform – and Pay1st, our aggregated payments gateway.
- Improve our ability to attract, retain, and serve our customers by making sense of large amounts of behavior, transactional, and user generated data
- Uncover actionable insights to feed into product and growth roadmaps
- Support our digital marketing efforts by measuring campaign performance for our teams
- Empower product leadership to make quantitatively informed, evidence-based decisions on new product features to introduce to our customers
What makes you a great candidate?
- 3-5 years of industry experience in a Business Intelligence role
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, Data Modeling and working with Big Data
- Well-versed with data visualization and reporting, e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, or similar
- Familiar with data modeling and database schema design
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. In December 2021, we closed on a large fundraise led by Andreessen Horowitz – with participation from other awesome investors like Google, Riot Games, Konvoy Ventures, Avenir, and Nas! It’s allowed us to scale our team and our ambitions. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 20+ countries!
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimize your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!