TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- 5 time Best Places to work 2022 by Builtin. Including Over Best Companies SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, Austin
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About The Role
The Customer Support Supervisor is primarily responsible for overseeing a team of agents creating consistently outstanding user experiences across all areas of product interaction in an omnichannel environment.
This role will be the first role hired in our new customer service department for New Ventures at Taskrabbit. This role is critical to building out our new CS team and processes.
As the first hire of the team, you will be getting into the daily operations and customer administration while also strategizing, tracking customer contacts and sad flow. You will support in building processes and procedures for the department. As the team grows, you will then be responsible for hiring in a team of Customer Support Representatives, training and coaching them to succeed. Working closely with the Director of Customer service you will continue to grow and develop your team to deliver high-quality support, while supporting in building out performance, quality and procedure frameworks.
In this role you will be responsible for hiring and leading the team to deliver high-quality support that aligns with the company’s core values and builds strong communities within our marketplace. You will serve as the escalation point for the team and tackle complex service issues for users, recommend solutions for departmental opportunities, drive performance through feedback and coaching, and bridge communications across teams.
Based in the US, this is a remote first position with the potential to travel to cities in new markets across the US as we expand. We are looking for a passionate leader who lives for helping others, cares deeply about building strong culture and teams and is excited to work closely with a peer leadership group. Someone who will identify and execute quickly on opportunities that level-up our user experience daily.
- Support in the creation, then become an expert of the entire online and offline experience across our dual-side marketplace.
- Work closely with the Customer Support Director to create, share and action on departmental goals.
- Track contacts, drivers and support in the creation and implementation of department wide processes and procedures.
- Share KPIs and department metrics daily/weekly with company stakeholders.
- Ensure the team is properly trained and coached for their specific role, delivering timely and clear feedback on performance.
- Monitor schedules, adherence and provide on-shift support for the team.
- Responsible for admin duties including timecard approval and attendance tracking.
- Carry out and manage daily operations and customer administration
- Identify and remove blockers that impair your team from being successful.
- Hire and develop a team while actively managing performance issues.
- Jump into the queues when needed to assist the team in maintaining SLAs.
- Cover gaps in Leadership coverage when needed.
- 1+ years leadership experience, with 1+ years experience leading customer service functions.
- Front-line experience as a customer service agent is a must.
- Superb people skills, you excel at rallying your team towards shared goals.
- An eye for process: No tolerance for inefficiency, inconsistency, or confusion across the team.
- Is data driven, understand the key drivers of customer journey, identify opportunities and is a voice for continuous improvement providing feedback on opportunities and proactively share best practices
- Experience adhering to and creating processes to increase efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you are approachable and honest.
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated and passionate/knowledgeable about your workload, ability to work cross-functionally
- The schedule for this position may require a combination of evenings and weekends, schedule flexibility is a must
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers employee-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health stipends, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.