Marco Polo is a video chat app created for one simple and significant purpose—to help people feel close.
At Marco Polo, we take pride in providing a joyful customer service experience. When members of our Marco Polo community have questions or need assistance with using our products and services, we take care of them well. We’re currently seeking a part-time Customer Success Specialist who is warm, personable, reliable, ready to listen, and eager to help people get the most out of our mobile app, Marco Polo.
In this position, you will:
- Respond to, manage, and organize customer inquiries from a variety of sources including the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, e-mail submissions, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Actively use Marco Polo to gain product expertise, which you’ll apply every time you help a customer with a question, concern, or issue.
- Collect user feedback and share trends with the product team.
- Work up to 29 hours a week (weekend time included).
Ideally, you have:
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service.
- The ability and insight to identify and understand customer inquiries and resolve issues quickly.
- A positive, warm, and friendly attitude.
- The desire to become a Marco Polo product expert.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work efficiently without close supervision.
- A flexible work schedule that allows you to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
What you will get from us:
- 100% remote, anywhere in North America.
- A work schedule built to fit your real life.
- An experienced, joyful distributed team environment. We’ve been doing the remote work thing since long before it became necessary. We’re good at it, and we’ll make sure you are too.
- The opportunity to make significant, impactful contributions not only to our Customer Success Team but our entire team.
- Life/work integration that provides a great deal of individual flexibility as well as a strong focus on day-to-day teamwork within our Customer Success Team and many teams across Marco Polo. There is great opportunity for learning while working in a supportive environment.
- The space to thrive at a purpose-driven company where we’re looking to make a positive impact in the world.
- Compensation: The target pay rate for this position is $15/hr. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including knowledge, skills, and experience, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we’d love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Marco Polo. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, go ahead and apply! Each application is reviewed by a real, live human who understands that each candidate’s unique lived experience is more valuable than buzzwords on a resume.
A bit about us:
Marco Polo is private video chat for your real relationships – not the entire world. Our video chat app allows you to send a video message at your convenience, and your friend or family member can send back whenever they can. With millions of people already benefiting from this new way of using technology to nurture their relationships, we’re proving that we can reject harmful but profitable business practices and build products that are good for you.
In June 2020, we launched Marco Polo Plus, a subscription plan that offers a premium experience. We aim to be a sustainable business while remaining free in a way that upholds our brand promise to be good for you. Plus delivers on our promise to monetize without ads or selling user data.
Though our backgrounds are diverse, we share a belief—lives flourish when people feel close. That common inspiration keeps us aligned with our purpose as a team, which is scattered across 16 states (so far), coast-to-coast throughout North America.
The distance doesn’t slow us down. We keep the engine humming from our homes, co-working spaces, and coffee shops—connecting with daily Zoom calls, and retreats. Whether collaborating through Slack, video calls, or of course Marco Polo, our team knows how to keep connected—it’s what we do best!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.