Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers that help grow and scale business in the cloud.
Our Customer Success team’s mission is to partner with our most critical business customers, helping them achieve desired outcomes through optimal use of the cloud platform aligned to their business strategy. Customer Success is an integral part of our company. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships with our customers, and are interested in cloud technology and the digital economy. As the voice of the customer, you have the opportunity to influence decisions that will greatly improve user experience and contribute to DigitalOcean’s long-term success.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about advising companies as they scale. You’ll be partnering with internal teams to provide technical consultation, establish go-to-market partnerships, facilitate executive alignment, and much more.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will work with business customers as their Customer Success Manager, ensuring they are getting the guidance and resources they need to be successful
- You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of DigitalOcean within organizations.
- Partner with Technical Account Managers (TAMs), Customer Success Engineers, Marketing, Account Executives, and your knowledge of your customers’ environments to drive successful outcomes for customers and DigitalOcean.
- Focus on driving customer engagement to positively impact customer retention, revenue growth, and advocacy.
- Proactively monitor and identify usage trends in order to uncover opportunities, renewal risks, while supporting greater adoption rates.
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within DigitalOcean (be their voice)
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Lead or contribute to high-level projects that will improve the customer experience
- Become an expert, and thought leader, on our customers and their business and technical ecosystems.
- Manage a portfolio of our most strategic and high-potential customers.
- Prior experience in similar environments in Customer Success, Sales, Solutions Engineering, or Technical Account Manager type roles
- Experience working with cohorts of start-up companies
- Understanding of the developer journey, related tools and concepts, and their infrastructure requirements
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees’ overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role