FastSpring is the world’s leading ecommerce platform for software and SaaS companies. At FastSpring we are on a mission to democratize the software space by partnering with growing software companies to strategically enhance the selling of their products and compete on the global stage. Our product hosts over 10 million transactions per year, powering sales growth for more than 3,500 companies in over 200 countries, using every major currency.
We are an Inc. 5000 honoree, noted as one of America’s fastest growing companies, with recognition of numerous additional workplace awards. Backed by AKKR, we are already profitable and have an engaged culture with remote staff globally and offices in Santa Barbara, Amsterdam, Belfast, and Halifax.
We are committed to building an inclusive work environment and invest in our employees by promoting growth and development across every level. As a team, we are business professionals who are globally-minded, customer-focused, and driven to innovate.
The Customer Operations Analyst will be the go-to analytics person for the Global Customer Operations (GCO) team, and will report into the Director of Customer Success. As an Operations Analyst, you will partner closely with Customer Success and Support leadership and other stakeholders to build reporting, analyze performance, and identify opportunities to improve business outcomes and operational efficiencies both internally and externally. You will also be the administrator for our customer operations platform, Gainsight, and will serve a critical role in developing and driving business processes across Customer Success and Support workflows with a direct impact on the customer journey.
- Collect and analyze raw data to identify trends, patterns, anomalies, and other helpful information.
- Use data to develop and optimize strategies and processes, increase profits, efficiency, quality, or security, and reduce costs.
- Create reports, dashboards, and presentations to summarize findings and influence management decisions.
- Work with the management team to establish project objectives, budgets, and timelines, monitor progress, and evaluate performance.
- Drive customer retention through tracking leading indicators of renewals and upsells, and analyze them to provide actionable insights to CS leadership.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify key metrics, data sources, and the frequency and granularity of data feeds.
- Use data to identify at-risk accounts and create playbooks for Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to address.
- Design business rules that analyze customer data and trigger actions for the Customer Success team to engage with customers.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the team’s Customer Success Platform (Gainsight) to assist with overall platform management, including the implementation of automation that will enable the team to scale along with our growing customer base.
- Configure, deploy, and administer the Gainsight platform (system configuration, reports, dashboards, end-to-end workflows, and systems integrations).
- Collaborate with cross-functional end users to gather business requirements that impact Gainsight and Salesforce, and configure the system to meet those needs (partnering with other operations teams as needed).
- Identify opportunities for improvement of existing tools and processes, including adopting new features in each Gainsight major release.
- Review and improve analytics processes, methods, and tools to increase efficiency, accuracy, and security.
- Serve as an internal point of contact for other departments regarding ongoing CS projects, campaigns, and processes.
- Document and adapt all processes to keep pace with evolving customer journeys, automation, internal workflows, and team training.
- Work with cross-functional teams to instrument data and processes to help meet renewal and upsell targets and deliver on customers’ needs.
- Design, document, and execute NPS and CSAT surveys, and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on NPS and CSAT best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g., customer success, operations, business analysis, data analytics, database administration, computer science, data analytics)
- Experience as an end-user of a CRM tool, customer support system, or marketing automation system
- Experience interacting with senior leadership and managers
- Experience in data analytics and statistical modeling
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and database management
- Experience as an end-user of a CRM tool or customer support system
- Demonstrated rapid, self-driven, experiment-driven learning of unfamiliar systems/software
- Ability to recognize patterns and trends in large data sets and use numerical information to develop business strategies
- Strong math, organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional presentation, research, and verbal and written communication
- Ability to summarize and explain complex information to others
- Previous experience with SaaS business models
- Project management skills, with proven results working as a reliable advisor to drive business value for customers
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and Gainsight
- Working knowledge and prompting experience of AI tools and solutions like ChatGPT and Bard is preferred
- Flexibility for travel
About the Company
FastSpring is the trusted ecommerce partner for companies that sell software around the world. With FastSpring’s full-service ecommerce solution, you can sell more, compete big, and stay lean. Founded in 2005, FastSpring is a privately owned company headquartered in Santa Barbara with offices in Amsterdam, Belfast, and Halifax. For more information, please visit https://www.fastspring.com.
FastSpring is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with FastSpring without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.