Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
As a founding member of our marketing team, you’ll play a crucial role in our customers’ success and be responsible for helping amplify, support, and delight them along the way. Watershed is wholeheartedly dedicated to making our customers the center of our universe (in fact, our #1 operating principle is “customer obsessed”). Talking to and learning from our customers is in our DNA, and as Watershed’s first customer marketer, you’ll be responsible for how we bring this to life.
Partnering closely with our Climate Advisors, Sales, and Customer Success teams, you’ll amplify the voice of our customers as we accelerate our work to decarbonize the economy.
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic marketer and gifted storyteller with a knack for building and sustaining strong customer relationships. You’re fast but thorough, a personable communicator, and can toggle easily between execution and big-picture strategy. An experienced marketer, you’re excited to test and iterate as you build the customer marketing function here at Watershed, and ideally have a passion for our mission—though no climate expertise is required!
- Architect and execute on creative, thoughtful, and helpful multi-channel programs and campaigns to onboard, educate, and celebrate customers throughout their lifecycle
- Map and optimize the customer journey, from first-touch to onboarding to renewals (and beyond)
- Conduct customer interviews and build an ongoing library of customer testimonials, referrals, and case studies (and more!)
- Partner closely with Sales to design and implement a world-class referral and advocacy program
- Identify and execute on opportunities for customer partnerships and co-marketing
- Help build a diverse, ambitious, creative, and high-achieving Marketing team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 5+ years in B2B Marketing, with substantial experience owning and driving measurable results with multi-channel lifecycle campaigns and programs
- Demonstrable experience developing customer relationships and exhibiting a strong sense of customer empathy
- A solid working knowledge of marketing automation tools for monitoring and reporting on campaign performance
- Strong opinions on what constitutes a best-in-class B2B customer marketing program, with examples and anecdotes from previous experiences and learnings
- Exceptional communication skills, particularly with conducting interviews, writing content, and crafting messaging
- A high bar for quality and a desire to get creative and experiment with new ideas, tactics, and opportunities
- Experience in high-growth, fast-paced startup environments; preferably while owning and scaling marketing for customers
What’s your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US and EU time zones, and we’re committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We have hub offices in San Francisco and London, and remote team members from Oregon to New Jersey to Ireland. There may be certain jobs that need to be in San Francisco / London or certain locations, and will be specifically noted in the job description or in conversations.
What are Watershed’s return-to-office plans?
We reopened our San Francisco office in June 2021, and treasure the energy and collaboration that comes from working together in person. We’re particularly lucky to have a great rooftop outdoor space, where we can gather for lunch, one-on-one’s, and the occasional outdoor whiteboarding session. We’re also investing deeply to support remote as a first-class hub, with regular Zoom social times, an emphasis on transparency and written artifacts, and periodic offsites to gather everybody in person.
We’re a COVID-cautious company. The office is open to vaccinated team members with regular testing, and we’ll continue to pay close attention to case rates to ensure it’s safe for everybody.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we’d love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job. There maybe certain jobs that will need X years of experience, and will be specifically noted in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a (usually virtual) onsite interview after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.