The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for a Customer Marketing Lead dedicated to MongoDB’s events program to join our Global Corporate Marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for translating customer stories into engaging slide decks and speaker notes for keynotes and breakout sessions at MongoDB and partner events. As the primary liaison between the Customer Marketing and Storytelling/Events Content team, you’ll manage requests to localize customer content in these presentations, manage customers’ speaker participation in event sessions, and participate in a committee that will determine which customer stories should be featured at these events.
The right candidate has a successful track record of working cross-functionally across internal teams and external comms teams and leaders, to analyze and synthesize content, and craft impactful presentations that are both technical and compelling. You will be responsible for identifying the right customer for the right event opportunity and then coordinating their participation (securing participation, arranging travel/arrangements, etc). You’ll lead the communications with customers to highlight and capture their narratives, manage the related deliverables (like speaker notes and draft slides), and offer your expertise in coordinating logistics and speaker coaching.
In addition to managing customers at MongoDB events, you’ll also be responsible for leading customer coordination around MongoDB’s participation at third-party events, such AWS re:Invent and other industry gatherings. Your understanding of our event strategy will be crucial to sourcing specific customer stories that amplify our narrative and value proposition. As part of this role, you will also act as a liaison to secure customers for on-site activities at various events.
Another integral responsibility will be ensuring that our logo slides for events are current, consistent and present a comprehensive view of our global, regional (AMER, APAC, EMEA), and AI customers. Lastly, you’ll team up with our Early Access Program and Product Marketing teams to identify customers who can help us make meaningful, impactful product launch announcements at keynote events. Put simply, your central role will be to bring our customers’ MongoDB journeys to life, fostering greater engagement at events, and exposing a broader audience to our customers’ remarkable MongoDB stories.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Customer Marketing & Executive Engagement, and can be based out of our San Francisco or Boston offices with hybrid and remote options available. Frequent travel will be required.
- Own relationship with Storytelling & Event Content team, and align with other key teams such as External Communications, Product Marketing, Sales, and Strategic Events
- Identify potential customer speakers for MongoDB keynotes; help them craft their stories to fit into overall themes/messaging; develop presentations and speaker notes; and coach them to help deliver a compelling presentation
- Participate in the MongoDB breakout program committee to determine customer session participants and help manage customers’ participation in comms/marketing activities at MongoDB .local events
- Lead customer coordination for third-party events
- Identify locally relevant stories for each MongoDB .local event
- Ensure logo slides for events are up to date
- Work cross-functionally to identify customers for launch announcements
- Define strategy, process, and metrics, and execute plans to automate supporting processes and measurement tools
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- 10+ years of experience working in communications with experience at technology companies and/or high-growth SaaS, enterprise software, or cloud computing providers
- Customer communications/marketing experience
- Ability to engage at all levels of the MongoDB and customer organizations (including C-level) with confidence and poise
- Excellent verbal and written communication, receptive listening skills, and ability to present to different audiences (Executives, Sales, Customer Success, etc.).
- Experience working with Sales and Customer Success organizations
- High standards with the ability to consistently deliver results
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Team player able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment with shifting priorities as the organizational needs evolve
- Able to operate in environments with high ambiguity and strong interpersonal skills
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.