If you take pride in delivering world-class support, and want to be a part of revolutionizing the way people pay their bills, then we need your help.
As a customer experience specialist, you will play a critical role in helping Papaya provide a delightful experience to our users. Success in this role means delivering exemplary service, while providing insights that help us better serve our users.
This role is part-time (20-25 hours a week) and candidates anywhere in the United States are welcome to apply.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you would be doing:
- Be the face and voice of Papaya, handling the needs of our customers with professionalism and empathy.
- Papaya has multiple types of customers – users, partners and billers. You will use your deep understanding of the Papaya bill pay process to guide our customers by responding to questions and unresolved issues via email, chat, and phone.
- Interact with billers to provide payments on behalf of users over the phone, on the web, or within our system.
- Proactively communicate and work closely with internal teams and external partners to solve escalations and deliver a seamless experience to Papaya customers.
- Deeply understand our customers’ needs and various data sets to share insights with our product team to improve customer experience.
We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- Flexible. Schedule will be Monday-Friday – 9:00a-5:00p CST, but you may be asked to switch to weeknight, weekend and holiday coverage. The work you’ll do may be ambiguous at times. You should be comfortable context-shifting, and adapting quickly to changing processes and tools.
- A Strong Communicator + Active Listener. You enjoy the challenge of explaining a complex concept multiple times in different ways until a customer gets it. You are just as comfortable conveying a situation over the phone as you are in an email, and you do it all with patience.
- Empathetic. You love connecting with and helping people from all walks of life. You naturally derive energy from helping people.
- Driven. You believe in our mission to alleviate the stress of paying bills and can’t stop thinking about how we can improve upon our best-in-class customer experience.
- Solution-Oriented. Do you have a bias towards action? When a current policy is creating customer friction or you’re certain a new tool could make our customer interactions more efficient, this gets you really excited. You scope out the problem, gather supporting evidence, and propose a solution.
- Tech Savvy. You have experience in dataset management and are comfortable picking up new tools and technologies.
We’d be especially excited if you have previous experience with Zendesk and/or working at an early stage startup. If you have prior experience in payments and/or Fintech, don’t forget to mention it.
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is composed of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.