Are you passionate about processes, gantt charts, meetings that should’ve been emails, and emails that should’ve been meetings? Perfect. Keep reading. We’re in the process of building a world class team at Yelp, and we’re searching for a Project Manager to help us do great work on managing creative projects and have fun while doing it.
As Creative Project Manager, you’ll have ownership of projects of increasing complexity over time, and will collaborate with designers, writers, marketers, program managers, and other cross-functional partners to create excellent work that drives business goals and builds brand love. You’ll also help us set up and establish a workflow for intaking our projects.
Our mission is to connect people with great local businesses. At Yelp, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on a brand that hundreds of millions of consumers trust to discover and experience the best of the world around them.
As a Creative Project Manager, you’ll play a key role supporting our in-house creative team to help deliver impactful creative that supports Yelp’s goals. Our Creative Project Managers works closely with creative/marketing leadership, creative team, and our partners we support to execute projects. With the support of existing Creative Project Management team and Creative leadership this role would be responsible for managing project intake, resourcing and successful project execution. A successful Creative Project Manager will have a strong project management background, working knowledge of the creative process, good instincts and the desire to proactively solve challenges when they present themselves.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States.
Where you come in:
- Own and manage marketing creative projects from brief to delivery
- Support the team and be a good partner. Nurture relationships, swaying perspective while driving various initiatives
- Set timeliness appropriately and identify roles, responsibilities, and processes that will achieve high quality creative work
- Serve as main point-of-contact for their projects and communicate status proactively
- Anticipate delays and roadblocks, and work to keep deliverables on time and on target
- Lead kick-off meetings and shepherd projects through the review process with cross-functional partners
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 4+ years experience using project management practices and skills that result in high quality work, preferably in a creative environment (working with designers, writers, video production studios, etc)
- Solutions-oriented, with a strong desire to always improve relationships and processes
- Show a clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills
- Know how to thoughtfully prioritize your own work, and are also comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- You are a strong communicator, able to clearly articulate decisions, advocate for best practices, and resolve issues
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).