We’re on a mission to unlock global talent by making cross border hiring easy. We want to spread great employment rights and benefits and help make them the norm for remote workers across the world.
🗺 Remote working, flexible hours.
⏱ Contract or Permanent, full time
💵 Competitive salary
🍰 Early stage equity
We are a new 100% distributed startup building out our product offering in 2021. We have just raised our latest funding and we’re putting together a highly experienced team (especially for this early stage of company). We’re a global company with in the UK, India, Germany, USA, Finland, Latvia, Lebanon, Estonia, Belarus and Mexico (and maybe a couple of others we’ve missed).
Hiring people internationally is complicated – with interacting engineering, legal, financial, operations, and HR processes. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We’re an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
Location: Anywhere in the world within timezone GMT +/-5h or PDT +/-5h.
Oyster is growing fast, and we are looking for a Country Growth Specialist to help us grow our Oyster Employment Infrastructure across the globe. Our aim is to be able to offer the simplest and most flexible solution for both employers and employees.
You will be working in our Platform Team who are responsible for the overall Operations of Oyster and working for our Country Growth Lead, Sharan Dhaliwal
What you’ll be doing…
- Sourcing and selection of local in-country partners (typically accounting and law firms but also other specialists where required)
- Managing the corporate set up of Oyster entities across the globe and building the infrastructure for us to be able to employ compliantly country by country
- Setting up the processes for the ongoing management of these entities (e.g. compliance, taxation, etc) and embedding those processes at Oyster
- Providing support to Finance on forecasting costs associated with set up and running of entities
- Working closely with our Legal team to ensure fully robust and 100% compliant employment infrastructure
- Working cross-functionally with Oyster teams to standardise operational processes in new countries that will align seamlessly with our Platform (e.g. standardised payslips, contracts, etc). This will involve working closely with the Platform, Finance and Product teams
- Documenting processes for each country to provide an easy source of reference for other stakeholders at Oyster
- Updating knowledge bases with country specific information gathered during research and set up phases
What’s it like to work at Oyster ❤️
Check out our public notion and see for yourself: Welcome to Oyster!
Here are some pages you might be interested in:
What we’re looking for 📜
Skillsets that are important
- Experience in international expansion from an employment perspective (for example, entity and payroll set-up, managing local employments rules, international HR, etc)
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors (e.g. law firms, accountants, etc) to support international expansion.
- Driven by the social impact mission and desire to use skills to influence global change and employment opportunities
- First class attention to detail and reasoning with extreme organisation and a proven work ethic
- Comfortable with a high pace work environment
- Open-minded on doing things differently to how they have typically been done before
- Excellent interpersonal skills, determination and tenacity, along with a sense of humour
- Remote-first advocate and passionate about creating change in the future of work landscape
- Based in time zone GMT +/-5h or PDT +/-5h
Skillsets that are not required (but are a bonus)
- Ability to speak languages other than English fluently
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up
Benefits & Compensation 💸
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully flexible hours.
- 40 days including public holidays, or legal minimum in your region if greater.
- Home Office Equipment budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
- Wellness and wellbeing support through HealingClouds and WithJuno
- Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
- Time off for volunteering