The Corporate Development Senior Manager is responsible for leading, evaluating and managing strategic investments and acquisitions for Mozilla Corporation. We are on a mission to discover what’s next for the web by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly and have invested in over 20 companies. In this role, you will understand and synthesize trends driving our industry, identify consumer needs, add structure to ambiguous problems, and frame key decisions for product leaders to come up with concrete ideas for strategic investments. You will apply quantitative and qualitative signals to advise and influence Mozilla’s inorganic strategy, with a focus on consumer products (e.g., privacy-centric advertising, search, content, VPN etc.).
You will serve as a liaison, connecting invested companies with people and resources within Mozilla to support their growth in areas like user experience and business development. You will also partner with Mozilla’s cross-functional teams and communicate investment lessons to product leaders and executives. Successful candidates for this position will have, or develop, a deep understanding of the product landscape, including trends, players, technologies, and underlying dynamics. You will help build out Mozilla’s Corporate Development team and work closely with Product, Business Development, Marketing, Finance and Innovation to understand Mozilla’s strategic ambitions, needs, and priorities.
- Engage directly with invested companies to prioritize how we can best support them
- Collaborate to identify and champion opportunities for portfolio companies to engage with Mozilla
- Reporting on important portfolio company metrics and progress towards strategic goals
- Detailing standard methodologies and crafting resource libraries
- Help shape inorganic investment strategy for Mozilla by collaborating with Product Development, Business Development and Finance leadership
- Analyze strategic markets and provide intelligence to key executives to build insights and recommendations
- Identify, screen and value investment opportunities
- Drive major aspects of transaction process including valuation, term sheet preparation, due diligence, negotiations
- Steer internal decision making processes and facilitate cross-functional teams to execute strategic investments
- Partner with Product leaders, Finance, Legal, Communications, Policy and Privacy, and People teams to ensure business cases and recommendations are robust, and that relevant considerations are incorporated
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, analytics, engineering, or other related quantitative field; MBA degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years of equivalent experience in corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, strategy, finance, business operations, or partnerships
- Previous experience working in a Corporate Development Operations role.
- Experience interacting with all parties (such as C-suite, investors, bankers, lawyers, and other third-party advisors) in a transaction setting
- Experience in modeling, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalent)
- Exposure to consumer internet space, including social, communications, media, and entertainment verticals
- Project management skills to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously long-term projects with minimal direction
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills to engage cross-functional and cross-border teams
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to sell ideas across various audiences
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.