Eventbrite has built the industry-leading platform for independent creators of live experiences to monetize their events. Today, our creators increasingly rely on Eventbrite to distribute their events, drive consumer demand, and help them grow their ticket sales. Partnerships, mergers, acquisitions and strategic investments can accelerate and amplify our ability to help creators grow their businesses. We need a corporate development leader to push the edges of our reach, identify companies we should bring on board, and to plan, negotiate and execute partnerships, acquisitions and investments that advance toward our strategic goals.
You will join a highly-engaged and experienced finance team and report to the Chief Financial Officer. You will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the executive staff, board members, and members of our product, marketing, sales, finance and legal teams. The internal environment is fast paced and focused, guided by clear decision-making frameworks and yet always evolving. We are passionate about live events, hard-working, collaborative, and strongly connected to each other.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a well-known, EBITDA positive, public company with category leadership at a moment of strategic inflection, cyclical rebound, and strong secular growth powered by the confluence of the creator economy and humankind’s passion for live experiences. You will be instrumental in accelerating the company’s growth and value because you will scan the horizon for highest-potential opportunities, you will get to know everyone who matters in our industry, and you will connect the great ideas and the most promising teams into Eventbrite as partners, acquisitions or investments.
- Create a corporate development framework that defines how partnerships, merger, acquisitions and investments can and should be used to advance our strategy. Drive familiarity with that framework across the company.
- Be the face of Eventbrite among up-and-coming entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and potential partners. Your network in the live events field will be second to none.
- Source compelling development opportunities, explore ideas brought forth by others internally, and evaluate a regular stream of in-bound inquiries.
- Maintain a catalog of relevant potentials, our analysis of and history with each, and cultivate close relationships with the most promising.
- Perform financial analysis, forecasting, investment and synergy modeling, and valuation analysis on potential acquisition and investment targets, as well as on potential partnership agreements.
- Plan and lead outreach, negotiation, closing and integration efforts on acquisitions, investments and partnerships. Manage cross-functional coordination inside Eventbrite to achieve results efficiently and effectively.
- Advanced financial modeling skills and strong business-valuation expertise.
- Experienced in structuring transactions and effective in negotiating terms and deals.
- Natural networker and builder of strong external and internal relationships.
- Dexterity with industry landscapes, assembling corporate development frameworks, and connecting efforts to strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; confident presenter and persuasive in pitches.
- 4+ years experience in investment banking, business development, corporate development. M&A, or venture investing, including hands-on analyst work as well as exposure to corporate executives, founders and board members.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.