OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We’re on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
Our team is a special bunch, with a very unique way of working. We’re all fully remote, which makes us all highly collaborative and resourceful. We share a singular mission to make the world a better place with a product that supports your health and is truly enjoyable. And while we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in one another’s personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before.
At Olipop our values lead the way we create our products, engage with each other, and interact with our community. Being a part of the OLIPOP team is about more than a career, and therefore we seek to recruit and include people with a diversity of abilities, backgrounds, and cultures to better serve our diverse community of customers.
OLIPOP is seeking a talented, experienced and vibrant Copywriter for a part-time freelance to potential full-time role, who is passionate about emotionally-led creativity and storytelling. In this role, you will work alongside our Senior Art Director and team of Designers to create original concepts and craft compelling copy across various brand platforms and channels. Qualified candidates must provide a strong portfolio demonstrating a range of experience in brands, project size, and contribution, as well as writing examples.
- Work with OLIPOP’s in-house creative team to deliver copy for projects including, but not limited to, digital marketing and ecommerce, social, newsletters, video content, product packaging, retail displays, and other marketing materials.
- Work with the marketing team to develop highly imaginative and inspiring key campaign headlines, subcopy, etc.
- Translate creative direction and key messaging from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy.
- Manage the quality of all copy deliverables and ensure they meet brand standards for creative excellence, delivering on time and in line with brand expectations.
- Embrace our brand strategy and core customer, consistently reinforcing our values and Brand Voice across all channels.
- Communicate creative and copy rationale to cross-functional teams and stakeholders; be open to their feedback.
- Working with OLIPOP’s regulatory team to ensure accurate product messaging.
- Work in a fast-paced department that requires quick turnarounds and flexibility.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience, preferably in multiple creative contexts, including agency and startup environments.
- Experience in CPG, food/bev, print and digital marketing/advertising preferred
- Fluent in concepting and collaborating, and have the ability to adapt brand voice across various platforms and channels.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with project managers, art & creative directors, and other creative team members.
- Comfortable presenting copy and selling creative ideas to stakeholders and your ideas are fresh, strategic and always on brand.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Exceptional language skills and ability to tell stories in clear, succinct copy that strikes the balance between tone and clarity.
- Communicate with empathy, honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same.
- Experience writing for and managing small- to-large-scale projects with a variety of stakeholders.
- Tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate current creative software, and working experience with Google Workspace, Slack, Asana, Adobe and MS Suite.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Olipop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
OLIPOP requires all employees, unless they have received an approved exemption as an accommodation for a medical issue or sincerely held religious belief, to be “up to date” on their vaccines prior to their date of hire. A person is considered “up to date” on their COVID-19 vaccines after they have received their primary series of doses and their booster shots, when eligible. When a person is not eligible for a booster, they are considered “up to date” two weeks after they receive the final dose of their primary series. When a person is eligible for a booster, they are considered “up to date” immediately after they receive the booster. This policy applies to any vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the FDA, including by way of an emergency use authorization, or by the World Health Organization (WHO), or an active COVID-19 clinical trial (non-placebo). Vaccination verification (or accommodation approval) must be completed before the date of hire.