This is a fully remote position, reporting to hiring manager in the EST time zone. Compensation for this role is $160K-$180K OTE commensurate with experience, and includes both a base and a variable component.
What We Are
We’re a collection of enterprise solutions that redefine the digital restaurant experience. You can’t put us in a box because we’re the whole package. We’re an exceedingly savvy team of tech and food enthusiasts. We help build out performance tools to drive guests to restaurants — and only restaurants!
Lunchbox is for restaurateurs by restaurateurs & we’re shouting that from the rooftops. We’re led by food people who care. We regularly launch stuff that helps the industry. We roll up our sleeves and get dirty. We have raised a $22M Series A and $50M Series B, both led by Coatue.
What We Are NOT
We’re not charging our clients a 30% commission on sales and we’re definitely not gatekeeping data. We leave all that for the 3rd-party platforms to do.
We’re looking for a Controller to join us and own our accounting and financial close process.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Run collections: Ensure all contracted customers are accurately invoiced and current
- Run accounting: Own all of the accounting, financial close process and related reporting, including revenue recognition, general ledger, AR, AP, commissions and payroll.
- Provide reporting: Provide financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and provide budget to actual variance reporting.
- Ensure compliance: Manage and comply with sales tax, state, and federal reporting requirements (e.g. multi-state sales tax returns, Form 1099, Form 3921, etc.).
- Prepare materials for annual corporate tax returns and 409A valuation.
- Document and/or update accounting policies and procedures. Create documented policies and controls.
- Improve systems and processes: Assess financial systems and processes, and develop strategic roadmap to improve our financial maturity and systems automation
What You’ll Bring
Must Have Qualifications:
- Experience scaling accounting functions and systems for a growth-stage startup
- 5+ years of experience working in an enterprise SaaS startup preferred completing full cycle monthly close and reporting
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter and problem-solver with minimum direction while being a leader and good team player
- Proven ability to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects, along with “wearing multiple hats”
- Experience completing and/or preparing records for external audits and/or due diligence
- Impeccable Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) including ASC606 Revenue Recognition
- Bonus Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA is a plus!
- Proficient using Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, Ramp, Salesforce, TeamPay
- Experience leading a small team
Some Awesome Benefits:
- 100% Remote and a generous stipend to set up your workspace
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Online mental health therapy — we make wellness a priority!
- Unlimited PTO from day one and paid leave for all new parents
- Annual professional development stipend
- The coolest perk ever — we’ll pay for any food-related tattoo!
Lunchbox’s biggest asset is our people. We work to shape an equitable and inclusive culture that amplifies voices, fuels performance and collaboration, and fosters a sense of trust and belonging for all. We know that similar to the restaurant industry that we serve, different views and experiences are advantages and help us drive better business. We strive for the awareness, education, celebration, and recognition of not only our people but for diversity, inclusion, and equity across our organization.
Lunchbox is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This means, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.