In 2017, our founders started Sarwa due to a lack of financial services offered to most of the world, and out of a need to help empower people in the region to invest in their financial future. Sarwa is poised to continue growing into the go-to platform for people to grow their wealth.
We do this through expert, affordable and easy investing. We’re a small team working on the region’s first and fastest growing investment and personal finance platform, making investing easy, low-cost and transparent, with a human touch woven into every step of the process.
We are a remote-first team. Where you choose to work is up to you — we have an office in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that you can utilize as often or little as you’d like.
We’re looking for a Content Director to execute and oversee Sarwa’s content strategy. You will create, coordinate and own all content across Product, Social Channels, CRM Content and Press to maintain a human element across all our storytelling, and lead on new innovative projects. To succeed in this role, you’ll need creative vision, collaboration skills, the ability to understand and work with stakeholders, and the ability to see the big picture for this role.
We’re on a mission to make investing digestible and fun to learn and do. We strive to become this region’s best source of investing knowledge and money explainer, and this role is instrumental in making that happen, as you will set the editorial strategy across our channels.
This might be a right fit if you:
- Have 6+ years of experience in an editorial / creative content management role.
- Are an excellent writer, editor, and storyteller – you can take a story from idea to publication with an eye for relevance, narrative, and voice.
- Can speak, read and write flawlessly in English (Arabic is a plus!).
- Possess analytical skills – you know how to couple decisions with data and dashboards.
- Are already a financial/investing whiz, or are willing to becoming an expert in financial topics.
- Have a unique ability to remain self-motivated while proactively pitching and assigning stories.
- Thrive in pushing creative boundaries – you aspire to delve into new creative territories and are always ahead of the content trend curve.
- Have an interest in publishing the most engaging, helpful, and accurate investing content on the planet.
- Are experienced with PR / marketing tools that utilize digital data for actionable results (SEM Rush, Sprout).
Some of what you’ll do:
- Define and shape the content and voice for Sarwa.
- Use social listening, insights, and instinct to come up with new creative ideas for engaging, converting, and entertaining our audience.
- Own your stories from concept to publication, assigning, editing, and consulting relevant stakeholders.
- Help determine which channels and projects fit into our strategy, ensuring our content meets the needs of our business and audience.
- Create and launch innovative editorial projects.
- Help create and manage unique content across different verticals (essays, investigative journalism, podcast episodes, social content).
- Source and maintain a constant flow of interesting new interviewees and subjects with new narratives.
- Work on maintaining and increasing Sarwa’s external presence through PR relationships and media publications.
- Work closely with Compliance team to ensure content marketing activities must comply with national and international laws.
Some of our benefits:
- Remote-first and flexible work environment.
- Diverse, driven, and supportive team with a positive work atmosphere (one of our core values).
- Market-competitive salaries.
- A culture of growth – being mentored, coached, and supported to grow in your career.
- Great company healthcare package with dental and optical coverage.
- Learning and development + home office budget.
- No fees for life on Sarwa’s products.
- Equity plan for all employees.
- Premium membership to wellness + meditation products.
Hiring process for this role:
- Interview with People Ops (30 minutes)
- Interactive meeting with team (45-60 minutes)
- Deep Dive Interview with our CMO, Nadine Mezher (resume review and assignment review – 90 minutes)
- Final Interview with CEO (45 minutes)
Sarwa is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team excel and enables us to build outstanding products for our customers.