Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
Medal Content Moderators are responsible for moderating user-generated content on the Medal platform by reviewing video gaming content, strong graphic images, videos, and/or written content to ensure the content meets the community guidelines and to escalate any content that violates our community standards. You are the front line of defense between for keeping the Medal community safe from potentially harmful content. You get to contribute to a living, evolving document of Community Guidelines and work across multiple teams to implement best practices to remain proactive in a rapidly changing digital environment.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectation that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team. We offer competitive compensation (salary + equity) that is location and level-based.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Participate in frequent syncs and refreshers on community standards, guidelines and implementation standards to assist in maintaining a safe social space for our community.
- Review, classify and / or eliminate highly sensitive content, uploaded by users, according to the parameters defined by our community and implementation standards.
- Investigate, resolve and relay complex issues regarding content uploaded by our users to the broader Trust and Safety team.
- Comply with corporate confidentiality policies and the proper handling of customer information to guarantee the security of the information and uploaded content.
- Participate in continuous training programs and workgroup discussions with other companies in the space for optimal development in the role
- Possess the ability to moderate traumatic, sensitive and potentially offensive content.
- Provide trends and insights to develop improvements to our safety processes and provide recommendations for process, policy and product improvements
- Engage in conversation around socially sensitive topics with the purpose of keeping our community safe.
- Moderate queues of photo, video and text content.
- Analyze data and trends to adjust Medal’s community standards in accordance with how the platform is being utilized.
- Attend meetings, work groups and training with our Safety partners.
- Work with front and backend engineers to continually evolve our platform’s safety measures.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ Years in Content Moderation or Community Moderation ideally in the gaming space
- Privy to current global cultural trends on the internet.
- Open to continuously learning and working well cross-functionally with both members of the team and community
- Experience in filtering through explicit content and coming up with ways to prevent and block this type of malicious content.
- Experience working with Policy, Community Guidelines and Enforcement a +
- Bonus: Passion for gaming/esports
As a heads up, our typical process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to four interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
- Offer 🎉
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!