Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think “Shopify for creator/brand-led communities”. We make it really easy to bring people, discussions, live streams, content, events and payments together — all in one place, all under a personalized brand.
In November 2021, Circle raised $25M (Series A) to accelerate the way we help creators and brands interact with their customers, their partners, and their community.
Circle is a 100% remote company! We now have a team of about 100 (and growing) based in different countries all around the world.
About the role
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to kick start our content marketing efforts at Circle. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, in this role you’ll be shaping and implementing our content marketing strategy, with the objective of attracting, engaging, and converting creators.
The ideal candidate is deeply empathetic, is fiercely organized, has a high attention to detail, is a strong story-teller, and enjoys a highly collaborative team environment. You are a key member of the marketing team and are driven by the team’s greater success.
Must be able to work effectively in a high autonomy and high ownership environment. You are a natural critical thinker, and thrive in an action-biased, collaborative, results-driven environment.
This role has ‘core’ hours of 10:00am-2:00pm Eastern time, Monday-Friday, so we have a strong preference for candidates in AMER time zones (North or South America).
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with members across the organization to define a content marketing strategy and plan that is and aligned with our goals.
- Produce top-notch content that is optimized for search (SEO), including blog posts, case studies, long form content, social media posts, videos, and infographics. By doing so, you will effectively guide the buyer journey, establish brand preference, drive lead generation, and educate the wider market.
- Establish and execute against a communicated content roadmap that aligns to our core personas and journey to drive and convince new adaptions.
- Build out our content ‘execution-arm’ partnering with customers, internal stakeholders, and external resources to efficiently bring your content strategy to life.
- Join forces with subject matter experts to craft thought-provoking content that showcases what we do best.
- Track, measure, and understand core KPIs that demonstrate the ‘value of your efforts’ – share of voice, traffic growth, Warm MQLs, etc.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Strong alignment with our values. Find our values on our career pageif you haven’t read up on them yet.
- You’re experienced.You have 5+ years in related SaaS marketing experience. You might not have always worked on the content side of the house, but you have a proven expertise in inbound content strategy and execution. You understand how to create content, can use SEO tools and best practices to integrate keywords, and understand what metrics we should use to measure impact.
- You can develop a content marketing strategy.You’re comfortable translating department objectives into a content marketing plan across all channels. You’re driven by KPIs, and can break them down into lead/lag measures. You’re able to establish and work inside a budget. You’re an avid follower of our competitors to ensure our content is always on top.
- You’re ready to lead content marketing for Circle.You can own the execution of our content marketing roadmap, and prioritize the right things. You understand when to ‘manage-up’ and proactively flag issues/concerns. You build trusting relationships with key stakeholders, learn their objectives, and align yourself.
- You can produce for quality and scale.You’re able to define what ‘high quality’ means based on the goal of the content (i.e. case studies vs. explainer posts vs. video guides). You have a HC/outsource model to execute all content, and understand the cost/content vs. the impact. You’re able to oversee the production of all content channels (social, email marketing, blog, podcast, etc.), while amplifying our contents’ impact through distribution, iteration, and adoption. You have a deep understanding across content channels, including relevant KPIs, benchmarks and learned best practices.
- You’re focused on the data.You create dashboards to track KPIs, and proactively flag under/over performance. You understand and seek out the ‘why’ behind data anomalies. You understand how data feeds into marketing team objectives, and weave it into your decision making process.
- You’re innovative.You like to dabble and test in new channels and mediums. You read up on blogs and trends and can come up with new ideas, while being keenly dialed in to our market and ICP.
- You’re meticulously organized.You have a ‘system’ that makes you a fierce project manager, with a keen attention to detail, who always hits their deadlines.
- You appreciate collaboration.You enjoy taking input and feedback from stakeholders, and approach your work with an authentically collaborative mindset. Communication is one of your top strengths.
$95,000 – $110,000 a year
Cash compensation is a starting point, and we want all of our team members to be able to grow in their roles. In addition to equity, benefits and perks, our cash compensation is subject to an annual review and increase on a once per year basis on the hire date anniversary.
The fun stuff
Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
Annual bonus potential for roles that don’t already receive variable income or commission.
Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
Check out our Careers page for more.
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a fully-remote international company, diversity is baked into our DNA. Here’s how our CEO, Sid Yadav, frames our hiring mission: “let’s find talent in underserved and under-represented corners of the world, set them up to do the best work of their lives, and in turn, change their life.” To achieve this hiring mission, we offer competitive U.S.-benchmarked compensation no matter where someone’s located in the world, and we proactively seek candidates who expand representation of backgrounds, cultures and lived experiences in our teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.