About Bevy: 100% Remote Organization
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In March 2021, we raised a $40M series C investment. For this funding round, we’ve built a coalition of investors that reflect the communities that we live in every day.
The Sr. Content and Marketing Manager will take the lead on all content-related projects for the CMX brand and community, with a large focus on written content. While you will report into the Bevy product marketing team, you will primarily be focused on CMX branded content. A primary goal for this role will be to grow our audience and educational content, which includes articles, research reports, case studies, webinars, and newsletters. You’ll create content yourself, as well as work with experts in our community and partners to curate, create, and edit highly valuable content. This role is critical in helping us achieve our mission of advancing the community industry and providing community teams with the content and education they need to generate impact for their brands and customers.
- Grow the CMX reputation, traffic, and subscribers by producing high-quality content, optimizing the CMX website for usability and SEO
- Publish industry research that helps further define the community industry
- Grow ARR by generating pipeline for Bevy
- Create and maintain content strategy, roadmap, and calendar
- Publish regular articles and case studies on the CMX blog
- Produce quarterly research projects like our annual Community Industry Trends Report and Guide to Community Platforms
- Create and edit copy on the website and landing pages
- Source and edit content from experts in the community and Bevy customers
- Promote our annual conference, CMX Summit by producing high-quality content leading up to, and after, the event
- Coordinate with web development and design teams to implement ongoing website improvements
- Publish, experiment with, and improve engagement on the CMX Weekly newsletter every week
- Work alongside marketing, community, and social teams to contribute to marketing goals
- Experiment with different content and article formats to find content-market fit
- Measure and report on content performance and business impact with the help of the ops team
- Engaging the community around content by collecting their feedback and insights
- Contribute to CMX social media strategy
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a Content Marketing and/or Editorial role
- Preferably 3-4 years of professional experience as a content marketer in SaaS and/or B2B, or 3-4 years of professional writing experience as a journalist/blogger
- Experience marketing to different audience types/personas and tailoring messaging for different industries and use cases
- Experience in the technology marketing, nonprofit, or education sectors and sales enablement is a plus
- Proficiency or familiarity with Google Analytics, or with using data/analytics to measure the performance of content
- Intellectually curious – eager to grapple with an undefined space and helping establish Bevy as a thought leader in the event & community tech space
- Structure oriented – finds ways to expand effectiveness through better process
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, always variable environment
- Self-starter – motivated to find solutions, propose ideas, and always optimize
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world through virtual events. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.