At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more…. not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, open minded, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
💰Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
About the role:
Cameo is seeking a Compensation Manager to enhance and advance our compensation philosophy as we grow. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, this role will be responsible for refining our compensation strategy and applying it across existing and new hires. The ideal candidate has a background in Compensation and a rich understanding of the variety of approaches and models that can be used.
Your initiatives will center around three key areas:
- Determining our approach to ensuring we’re aligned to the market
- Updating our compensation activities and timing to align with our People Processes
- Conducting compensation modeling and analyses for new and existing members of the Fameo
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone knowledgeable in compensation to lead and drive the thinking for Cameo.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evolve current Compensation philosophy to support our teams as it scales, improving current levels of transparency for new and existing employees
- Consult on proposed salaries for new and existing employees to ensure adhering to the Compensation philosophy
- Further integrate our Compensation philosophy and approach with our recruiting and performance processes
- Develop metrics and reporting to track success against our Compensation philosophy
- Participate in external compensation and benefit surveys, and conduct benchmarking and market research from external sources
- Conduct market competitiveness analysis that allows the People Team to make data driven decisions and meet the ever changing landscape of compensation
- Develop the strategic roadmap for all Compensation Systems and Tooling given our current HR Technology stack
- Able to travel for business as needed (approximately 20%), and work a flexible schedule as needed
What you bring to the table:
- 4-6 years of experience in compensation, HR consulting, or people analytics
- Strong understanding of compensation tools and strategies
- Able to develop the model, strong analytics and comfort with numbers
- Able to explain the model to those who didn’t make it, a strong collaborator and able to translate numbers into a story
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves when necessary, we are still a startup after all
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.