Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We’re looking for an experienced, fearless, and creative Director of Communications to lead our media/public relations and internal communications teams at 1Password. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the 1Password narrative around the world at a key growth moment for the company and the larger security space.
You have a proven track of consistently growing a company’s profile and a passion for winning at an increasingly competitive media relations game. You’re hands-on and on top of the details, but you’re also comfortable providing C-level counsel. You are committed to empowering a world-class team to do their best work.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years professional experience in global communications, public relations, media relations, internal communications, crisis communications, and social media.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables seamlessly.
- Global perspective shaped by working with teams and programs around the world.
- Agency and inhouse experience, including experience managing and developing an in-house team.
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Quick, skillful, and detail-oriented management expertise.
- Comfort working with multiple high-stakes programs simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Tenacity for execution and delivery.
What you can expect:
- Develop and execute strategic global B2C and B2B communications programs, including PR/media relations, analyst relations, thought leadership, internal communications, social media, and crisis communications.
- Partner with multiple external agencies around the world to win an unfair share of voice.
- Deliver ongoing senior communications counsel across a range of issues/opportunities to our spokesforce (executives and external spokespeople).
- Manage, mentor, and develop communications teams.
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $190,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.