At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2022 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What You’ll Do:
As a key member of the Calm Operations Team, the Director, Business Operations is responsible for driving day-to-day business operations, business planning, strategic initiatives, and executive level materials. This position will form close partnerships across all areas of the business and will work closely with senior leaders to support complex business priorities.
- Business Operations
- Lead and execute strategic initiatives that drive operational efficiency and assist with Calm’s market strategy.
- Develop and implement plans to drive special projects that improve operations and company priorities.
- Partner closely with Finance, Data Science, Product, and BU executives to create annual and long-range planning.
- Support definition of business objectives and supporting KPIs to drive outcomes and improve business performance.
- Partner with BU executives on initiatives for Monthly Business Reviews.
- Drive large scale strategic initiatives
- Tackle key operations topics of potential impact to Calm’s strategy and products. Such topics include: analysis of new opportunities including white space areas of potential future interest to deliver a market leading strategy.
- Partner with Finance to ensure strategy and forecast models are viable and data driven.
- Support the organization by leading new incubation initiatives that are without a leader or in transition.
- Lead special projects and programs that are cross-functional and in key areas of opportunity or gaps within the business.
- Consult on and prepare executive level presentations
- Board of Director materials and deliverables.
- Partner with CEO and C-suite leaders on executive presentations, proposals, or business operations initiatives.
- Key external presentations.
- Translate complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years Ops experience with experience managing an Operations team.
- Proven people manager with previous Director level experience.
- Experience in scaling startups and working with large company program operations.
- Experienced in leading projects with executive level visibility and partnership.
- Experienced with working across multiple departments and teams at the leadership level.
- Strong identification and problem-solving capacity.
- Bias for action and comfort with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to build cross-functional relationships and lead toward common goals.
- Ability to quickly understand needs and act on those needs and ability to apply “out-of-the-box” thinking.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.