We are looking for a detail-loving, problem-solver and process optimizer. If that’s you, come join us as a Business Operations Coordinator to help us transform the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life’s most useful skills.
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to leadership development resource for hundreds of the world’s most innovative companies (like Warby Parker, The New York Times, Clif Bar, Reddit, Sony Music, and TED). We offer manager, exec, and team training that blends science and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, close-knit group of researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We get excited about brain science, encourage each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Learn more about us here!
As a Business Operations Coordinator, you will work on our Business Operations (BizOps) team, assisting with processes, projects, and internal communication to ensure our team is aligned and operating efficiently. You’ll assist in a variety of critical business areas, including capacity planning, strategic planning, and cross-functional projects. The position is an ideal match for excellent record-keepers with a keen eye for accuracy, an eagerness to investigate and resolve any problem that pops up, and a zest for the stories and insights data and dashboards can tell.
Business Operations Coordinator accountabilities:
(1) Capacity Management
Purpose: Help achieve our target utilization by maintaining our capacity tracking systems and keeping information flowing in all directions.
- Update capacity models, forecasts, and documents to ensure data is accurate.
- Spot opportunities to streamline and automate how we track capacity by flagging problems, proposing solutions, and executing on adjustments.
- Compile and share regular reports on the status of capacity and coverage.
- Pull feedback and collect scheduling trends.
- Serve as primary owner and editor of our document for tracking workshop delivery.
- Support new Facilitator onboarding by sharing updates across the company.
- Coordinate with Flex Facilitators to set their workshop schedules and align on ideal workload.
- Assist in designing and executing on our backup coverage system, including staffing coverage teams, setting the teams up for success, and troubleshooting when issues arise.
(2) Internal Communication
Purpose: Support clear and timely communication across the organization and within the Business Operations group.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of company-wide systems for governance, accountability, project planning, and proposal submissions.
- Look for opportunities to streamline and improve our Business Operations communication processes.
- Support the Business Operations team’s weekly tasks.
- Maintain a Business Operations playbook and document policies and processes.
- Update the Business Operations roles and responsibilities as they change within the department.
- Compile regular Business Operations team updates.
(3) Special Projects
Purpose: Support the Business Operations team and grow LifeLabs by applying your unique strengths, skills, and knowledge in ways that align with business objectives.
- Assist with a variety of special projects in collaboration with our Chief of Staff and CEO.
- Spot inefficiencies and look for opportunities to streamline, improve, and scale our processes.
- Meet 100% of deadlines (or provide early warning if unable to meet deadlines on time).
- Complete all assigned tasks with 95% accuracy.
- Receive positive feedback on level of support from project sponsors and collaborators.
Click HERE to find out more about the role logistics and what onboarding/beyondboarding would look like!
Business Operations Coordinator requirements:
- Ability to keep small details from slipping through the cracks.
- Ability to adapt, learn, and find a way to play in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once.
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Advanced time management and organization skills.
- Strong written communication skills, particularly writing clearly and playfully.
- Ability to communicate over video and phone calls with clarity and authenticity.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of spreadsheet modeling, business analytics tools and reporting.
- Knowledge of graphic design.
- Knowledge of productivity and workflow automation tools.
- Start date(s):
- December 6, 2021
- Location: Remote (can be based anywhere in the U.S.)
- Compensation: $60-75K salary + bonus (starting salary will depend on your skills and readiness for the role, includes a predictable promotion + compensation increase).
- Our compensation system is transparent and consistently applied throughout the company. We have predictable yearly promotions, kind of like a university — with great work each year you’ll graduate to the next level. As you take on new responsibilities you can expect a yearly compensation increase, so long as role expectations are met. #AlwaysBeLearning.
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 18 vacation days, 9 paid holidays, 1 personal Values Day, 1 May Day (Mental Health Awareness Month), 1 Open the Circle Day, 2 floating personal holidays (to celebrate individual cultural and religious holidays), Kind Fridays (employees end work at 3pm local time on Fridays), 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, and biannual team retreats.
Want to know what to expect ahead?
Step 1: Complete the application below.
Step 2: Do a self-led mock working session to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action.
Step 3: Join a behavioral interview related to the role and our company values.
To start! If you’re interested: please send us your resume and complete the application below.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.