Gravity is a well-capitalized, venture-backed startup extending the green transition to the sectors of the economy that need it most. We’re building a software platform to help companies at the backbone of our economy track their greenhouse gas emissions and take steps to permanently decarbonize. As environmental concerns enter the corporate mainstream, Gravity’s solutions raise the bar for climate action while transforming the industrial world.
We’re a team of passionate pragmatists who believe reversing climate change must be inclusive. We’re obsessed with customer feedback, collaboration, and learning new things. You can find us working from home throughout the US or co-working in San Francisco and New York City.
Gravity is looking for a hyper entrepreneurial, high-energy, intelligent and resilient BDR to drive our initial outbound sales motion. This role will be the tip of the spear when it comes to engaging and educating new customers who will benefit from Gravity’s climate management and decarbonization platform. This role will work directly with an experienced and passionate founding team laser focused on driving rapid, scalable adoption of our climate transition platform in the sectors of the economy most in need. If you are a curious and creative problem solver who is looking to work and learn in a dynamic environment with a team inspired by tackling enormous challenges, then this is the role for you.
- Unlock opportunity. Combine the data-driven approach with an unrelenting work ethic, building pipeline in proven and new segments alike.
- Seek to understand and educate. Our customers sometimes have different and unique perspectives on climate. We want to meet them where they are, while also educating them on the positive business drivers climate strategy can unlock.
- Operate like an owner. Creatively solve problems, find new avenues to engage customers and operate with a scrappy and all hands on deck outlook.
- Develop expertise in both climate and our customers’ operations. Climate is hard. The only way we can make it easier for our customers is to understand their pain points and help them build better businesses with a climate strategy.
Qualifications & Skills
- You have at least 1-2 years of experience in sales or sales development and a consistent record of over-achievement.
- The customers you’ve worked with would have only outstanding things to say about you.
- You creatively and independently solve problems, you communicate clearly, you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it, and you’re inherently curious.
- Your pragmatic optimist eager to rapidly grow personally and professionally.
- You believe our biggest challenges are also our biggest opportunities.
Nice to Have
- Expertise in corporate decarbonization efforts.
- Experience working at a startup or other fast-paced organization.
- Comfort selling or upselling transformative software to enterprise customers.
- Knowledge of industrial customers’ systems, emissions profiles, and/or business needs.
- Foundational impact at a company transforming industrial sustainability.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health, vision, dental, and life insurance.
- Meaningful equity.
- Unlimited PTO.
Thank you for your interest in Gravity!