Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly-motivated Marketing Coordinator to join the Brand Strategy Team at Niche. You’ll work with stakeholders across the Marketing and Sales Teams to create and maintain collateral, support content marketing initiatives, and help execute brand strategy campaigns. You will also play a key role in our events strategy by coordinating a rich calendar of Niche and industry events. An ideal candidate will be passionate about working on a purpose-driven brand and will have strong organizational and communication skills, and a commitment to customer service.
What You Will Do
During the 1st Month:
- Collaborate with various team members to learn about the company
- Work with members of the Brand Strategy and Marketing Teams team to begin to understand our users, clients, and current marketing strategy
- Shadow team members to learn more about how we collaborate with other areas of the business and how your role fits with external stakeholders and teams
- Familiarize yourself with the current state of our marketing and sales collateral
- Build a strong relationship with our Design team—you will work closely with them to develop marketing and sales collateral and bring your ideas to life
Within 3 Months:
- Begin to learn the ins and outs of our platform and build knowledge of how we drive value for our users and partners
- Take ownership of the sales collateral platform and establish processes to ensure resources and tools are up to date
- Transition to be the point person for developing and maintaining marketing materials and sales collateral, including conference handouts, sales pitch decks, product one-pagers, landing pages, etc.
- Take over the coordination of attendance at industry conferences and the development of supporting sales collateral
- Build knowledge of Niche’s digital and in-person events and partner with Brand Strategy team members on the planning and execution of those events, including vendor research and management, collateral support, and serve as a key contact for event participants
Within 6 months:
- Fully own the development and maintenance of all marketing collateral—both digital and physical
- Fully own the industry conference strategy, including reviewing conference outcomes and making recommendations on future conference strategy
- Develop a strong knowledge of the product, company, and marketing organization
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years experience. Marketing experience is an added bonus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong written communication skills—the ability to communicate clearly across teams and stakeholders
- Self-directed; ability to translate vague requirements into prioritized problems to solve
- Proven track record of getting things done
- Must be an excellent communicator and comfortable engaging with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to thrive and quickly adapt in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but hesitant because your experience doesn’t align 100% with the posted requirements? We believe you are more than a resume, so go for it! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to play a part in helping students find where they belong.
- We are a fully flexible workforce empowering our employees to choose to work remotely, in our Pittsburgh office or whatever combination suits you
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- Best-in-class 100% paid employee health plan, including vision and dental and supplemental coverage
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Stipend that allows you to build your work from home office in a style and function that suits your personal preferences
- Ability to join our diversity committee (Niche Diversity Initiative) to shape company-wide programs and events
- Parental leave for all employees (12 weeks fully paid) in addition to short term disability for birthing parents
- Meaningful Stock options and 401(k) with employer match
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
- You will join a team that cares about you, our mission, our work – and celebrates our wins together!
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
We are currently hiring in states where we currently have employees: AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, DC, WV.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
All interviews are being held remotely. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.