Upbound is the company behind Crossplane, the open source project which started the control plane revolution in the cloud native community. Upbound helps companies rise above the clouds with our Crossplane powered Universal Cloud Platform. With Upbound you get universal real-time visibility into all of your infrastructure environments, the same API centric approach Kubernetes pioneered for managing infrastructure and policies, and self service infrastructure capabilities.
This Brand Marketing Manager is charged with defining a brand awareness strategy to put Upbound at the center of cloud native conversations and the cloud computing industry as a whole. Highly focused on brand storytelling, media relations and sponsored content.
In this role you will:
- Own brand identity and narrative
- Work with product marketing and leadership to develop a brand narrative and identity. Create a compelling narrative that tells the Upbound story in a meaningful and delightful way.
- Work with the Crossplane steering committee to ensure the Upbound brand is associated with the contribution and maintenance of the popular Crossplane project. Ensure the Upbound story is told in a way that is complementary to Crossplane’s story.
- Ideate and operationalize programs for telling the brand story — whether that be website content, campaigns or press — you have a vision for how to make Upbound a “household” name
- Grow the brand footprint
- Be the person responsible for expanding Upbound share of voice, growing web traffic, and increasing press mentions all while creating a tighter association between the Crossplane and Upbound brands.
- Create and implement a press strategy that includes executive branding, earned media, paid media, press interviews, podcasts and more.
- Manage sponsored content and brand ad initiatives like podcast advertising, native content opportunities and media spend.
- Work with Upbound’s content marketer to ensure a steady stream of content focused on telling the brand story
- Optimize the brand touch points:
- Work with growth marketing, design and the rest of the Upbound marketing team to brainstorm and execute delightful user experiences that help tell the brand story.
- Launch paid and organic brand awareness campaigns to help grow the Upbound top of funnel.
- Work closely with our marketing coordinator to expand our social media strategy and grow our follower base.
You’re a good fit for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a creative marketing role
- You have 2+ years of experience working with the press
- You have 2+ years working in infrastructure, preferably the cloud native space
- You have a deep understanding of how to position a differentiate a brand identity
- You’re a natural born storyteller and a great writer
- You’re are both creative and analytical
It’s a plus if:
- You’ve worked in the cloud native space
- You’ve worked for a company rooted in open source
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Be Accountable, Demonstrate Craftsmanship, Champion the Customer, Collaborate Decisively, Care For Our Communities, Act as an Owner and Engage Vulnerability; you’ll find yourself in a place where learning, growth, impact, and fun finally intersect. Similar to the open source community we serve, we look to each other to constantly iterate and improve on what we’re building and you will be a key contributor in this effort.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.