We’re looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to connect GitHub’s platform story and value closer to the GitHub brand and to paint a picture creatively for our developer community. This role isn’t just sharing a message or talking about our products, but actively thinking about how to better connect GitHub’s platform through thoughtful storytelling in a way that is uniquely GitHub. Knowledge of the software development industry is a must. Part strategy, part execution, this role requires the ability to think high-level and long-term at both an industry-level and in thinking about how we tell the holistic GitHub platform story through campaigns.
This person will join the Brand and Content Marketing team, working cross-functionally with Developer Relations, Product Marketing, Product, Design, and the Communications teams. They will be responsible for building out strategic marketing campaigns to help tell stories about GitHub’s product offering and how it supports the broader software ecosystem. In order to do this, they have a strong understanding of the challenges developers face and love the task of connecting them with the best solutions so they can focus on what matters, building great software. This person understands that it’s not just about launching a product and moving onto the next, it’s about being able to weave together a bigger story of how all our products and features work together to make GitHub unlike any other developer platform in the world.
The team’s work is highly visible, so candidates should be comfortable working with executives and senior leadership. Excellent communication and collaboration skills, high levels of compassion for colleagues and the developer community, and eagle-eyed attention to detail are absolutely required—as is the ability to multitask and project manage like a pro.
- Building campaign strategies to support key product and platform narratives and goals
- Execute on marketing tactics by working closely with key collaborators and cross-functional stakeholders
- Create engaging and educational campaigns that incorporate products and features, developer stories, and community trends
- Measure and track campaign performance
- Craft new and creative ways to connect with our community
- Audit of competitive landscape, understanding GitHub’s unique place in the world and how best to support our community
- Manage and work with cross-functional teams to deliver best-in-class marketing experiences
- 5+ years experience in brand, product, or campaign marketing for technical audiences
- Knowledge of the software development industry and experience building marketing programs for the developer community
- History of working with cross-functional stakeholders, executing strategies to deliver excellent solutions, and managing cross-functional projects
- Ability to see top down and bottom up—can move seamlessly between high-level, strategic thinking and more nuanced, tactical lenses
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working closely with executives and senior stakeholders
- Ability to be nimble, empathetic, and collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in high-stress environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong editing abilities and attention to detail