At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
At GoDaddy we empower everyday entrepreneurs, our teams join forces to build, manage and present simple, beautiful tech that empowers entrepreneurs to thrive and grow. GoDaddy is at the heart of launching peoples’ dreams, fuelling business growth, and fundamentally impacting lives.
As we grow and expand, we are ready to commence our search for an experienced Brand and Executive Public Relations leader. The individual in this role will serve as the principal strategist and practitioner charged with enhancing GoDaddy’s brand and elevating the profiles of its senior leaders outside the company.
What you’ll get to do…
- Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance, Brand and Executive PR, the person in this position will play a significant role in amplifying GoDaddy’s brand positioning through earned, paid, shared and owned media and building an effective executive positioning platform.
- The successful candidate will shape and tell stories that elevate the way in which key stakeholder groups view GoDaddy, its mission and progress.
- The Director, Brand and Executive PR, will partner closely with company Marketing leaders and influencers to share key company narratives, publicize proprietary GoDaddy data and findings, and wring maximum exposure out of key investments, including celebrity sponsorships/endorsements and exclusive content (ex: Made in America and Icons video series).
- The individual in this role will also help identify the most compelling customer success stories to share across channels and media.
- This leader will build on our existing executive positioning platform for CEO Aman Bhutani and other members of the GoDaddy Leadership Team and take it to the next level (in terms of both strategic sophistication and activity/outcomes) via media interactions, byline/blog placements, podcast interviews, etc.
- The Director, Brand and Executive PR, will proactively identify and source strategic opportunities – and thoughtfully evaluate incoming external requests for executive engagement – to make best use of leaders’ time and highlight their industry and small business acumen to maximum effect.
- Finally, this individual will contribute to and lead select key broader initiatives that improve GoDaddy’s PR practice.
Your experience should include…
- A Degree from a four-year college/University in Communications/Public Relations or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in a dynamic and diversified PR / Corporate Communications function
- Demonstrable experience leveraging analytics to inform PR strategies and decisions
- Strong executive presence and consultation skills
- Excellent business writing and tenacious constructive editing skills
- An ability to both guide teamwork and broker productive accords with business partners
- A track record of effectively managing vendor resources and strategy