Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 20M users across 350k+ companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconiq, and Coatue.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Billing and Collections Analyst to join our team at Loom, Inc. As a key member of the Accounting Team, you will play an integral role in the billing and collections processes. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent communication abilities to ensure accurate and efficient billing operations and collections management.
- Billing Operations:
- Generate and review invoices for accuracy and completeness, ensuring alignment with customer agreements and pricing plans.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Sales and Customer Success, to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of customers as well as completing Customer onboarding paperwork with accuracy.
- Own the end to end investigation and resolution of billing discrepancies and disputes with limited guidance, providing timely responses and solutions to customer inquiries
- Maintain accurate and organized billing records and documentation
- Collections Management:
- Monitor and manage accounts receivable aging to identify delinquent accounts and proactively initiate collection activities.
- As an Independent Contributor for collections, you will own all contact with customers via email, Zendesk, and other communication channels to follow up on overdue payments, resolve issues, and negotiate payment plans if necessary.
- Collaborate with internal teams to address customer concerns and disputes that may be impacting the collections process.
- Maintain clear and detailed records of all collection efforts and communications with customers
- Payment Reconciliation:
- Reconcile incoming payments to outstanding invoices, ensuring accurate and timely application of payments to customer accounts.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between payments received and invoices issued.
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting related to accounts receivable and collections.
- Process Improvement:
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve billing and collections processes to enhance operational efficiency and customer satisfaction. This includes being a key contributor to designing automated processes relating to Collections.
- Participate in system enhancements and updates related to billing and collections tools.
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Generate regular reports on billing and collections performance, including aging reports, collection rates, and other relevant metrics.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on data analysis to optimize collections strategies and reduce delinquency rates.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 2+ years experience in billing, collections, or accounts receivable management, preferably within a SAAS company with high daily volume.
- Proficiency in using billing and collections software/tools, strong preference for NetSuite, Stripe and Coupa experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite products.
- Self Starter with strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement