Founded in 2017, Bbot is a customer-first technology company that builds order-and-pay software designed to improve the guest ordering experience and take the burden off hospitality operators.
On the brink of contactless technology, Bbot has been the leader in order and pay solutions and continues to use technology to improve the guest experience. Fast forward to 2022, now powered by the category leader in last-mile logistics, DoorDash (read more here!), we’re excited to bring these solutions to many new markets soon!
About the Role
You will report to the Senior Manager on our Strategic Regional Sales team in our Outside Sales organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. We currently do not have enough Account Executives to meet our ambitious volume goals. The first role of this leader will be to build and expand the team of Account Executives responsible for winning these high volume accounts.
- Perform. Work closely with your direct reports to build a plan to exceed their goals. Support them with your training, coaching and mentoring efforts, and keep them accountable to the efforts required to succeed.
- Collaborate. Work with key cross-functional partners to align on GTM strategies, share key learnings to inform our product roadmap, and successfully onboard the partners that your team signs onto the platform.
- Report. Lead weekly pipeline reviews to strategize & discuss progress on important deals. Report upwards on the progress of your team in the form of highlights, lowlights, and corresponding action plans.
- Lead. Taking responsibility for some of our highest performing individual contributors requires a keen attention to details, leading developmental conversations and empowering our teams to get 1% better everyday. Our people are our most important asset with the largest room to grow; it is your role to challenge them to maximize their potential.
- Serve. Building, performing, managing, and relaying may be the what, but you achieve these things without sacrificing the how. This means putting DoorDash first, our team second, and yourself third. You enhance the employee experience by having educated yourself on and demonstrated the importance of diversity and inclusion. This shows up in your team building efforts, as does instilling our values in the team and leading — both merchants and your people — with empathy.
We’re excited about you because…
- Builder at heart — you dream big and start small when it comes to business and people leadership and are an owner of deal strategy, pipeline management, support/services, and the other key pieces of infrastructure that allow your team to succeed.
- Comfortable with ambiguity — goals will be aggressive and infrastructure shaky; in the face of uncertainty you truth seek to find problems and show a bias for action to marry those problems with solutions
- DoorDash first — you work well with others under the one team one fight mindset and choose optimism on solving pain points in our sales and service of top merchants
- Insightful communicator — you operate at the lowest level of detail to understand our merchant’s or operation’s problems, think outside of the room to identify the audience who most needs to help solve them, and clearly articulate in writing and verbally why these problems should be prioritized
- People expert — you have led or assisted with People OKRs to help others get 1% better every day, regularly lead trainings to demonstrate what it means to be customer obsessed, and, because of your focus on culture and growth, maintain exceptional employee voice survey results
- Empathetic leader — you have a track record of making room at the table for diverse perspectives; building a team that achieves the what is not enough, you accomplish the what and (not or) display our values in demonstrating the how
- You consistently exceed acquisition targets
- You have a minimum of 1 years experience managing sales team(s).
- You have found creative ways to build partnerships with difficult prospects
- You have a track record of hiring, developing, and retaining diverse talent
- You are based in the US
- You have a sphere of influence with leaders throughout the Merchant and other partner organizations
- You are responsible for driving results, influencing the direction of the team’s strategic plan and shaping policies to aid in the execution of the strategic plan
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.