Skillshare is looking for a stellar Associate Social Community Manager to join the Brand & Social Marketing team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for amplifying the brand’s voice across our growing social channels and expanding our existing community of over 3 million. You’ll work closely with the team to support our social content programming & calendar, including sourcing new content, writing social copy, and engaging with our Skillshare community on social platforms.
Our ideal partner has a great pulse on social media trends, breakthrough creative content ideas, and a keen eye for visual and sound design. They are experienced in managing multiple projects and work streams across platforms and have high attention to detail. Above all else, they’re excited about the opportunity that comes with working in a startup environment, inspired to make a huge impact on social, and are always looking for thoughtful solutions to challenges. Note: This is a contract role at 15 hrs/week.
What you’ll do:
- Write social captions for a variety of Skillshare’s social channels (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest)
- Lead proactive and reactive community engagement efforts around trending topics, brands, influencers, and our community members on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Identify new social content opportunities for Skillshare, and work closely with the Brand & Social Marketing team to bring ideas to life through content creation and community engagement.
- Collaborate with Social + Cultural Marketing Manager to create, schedule, and publish content across Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Assist Brand & Social Marketing team with social listening and reporting, including metrics around community growth, engagement, site traffic, and overall customer sentiment
- Work with our Community Support team to ensure customer service inquiries on social are handled in a timely manner
Why we’re excited about you:
- You’re obsessed with social content, popular trends, creativity, and creative culture
- You have a uniquely entertaining social voice, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a knack for writing social copy in planned and unplanned moments
- You have an eye for design and an understanding of brand aesthetics
- You are highly proficient in developing and editing social content in Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, iPhone photography, or equivalents
- You’re an organized and detail-oriented self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Why you’re excited about us
- Impact: You’ll be responsible for growing and engaging with our social community of over 3 million followers
- Growth: You’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on increasing responsibility as we grow across the globe
- Team: We have a fun, funny, passionate, and talented team that loves putting great content out into the world
- Mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting people around the world and empowering them to pursue their creative path
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, and encourage work-life balance
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by OMERS Growth Equity, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, and inclusive work environment for all.