Infobase is seeking an Associate Editor to join our Editorial team. As Associate Editor, you will manage projects and edit content for K-12 career guidance, health, and science databases. To be successful in this job role, you should be able to write engaging and creative pieces of content for the readers. You should possess excellent communication skills as well as outstanding proofreading skills.
Knowledge of content management systems is a primary requirement for this job role. In addition to this, you should have good time management skills as well.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· uploading and maintaining data in a content management system
· copyediting and proofreading
· photo research and editing
· related administrative tasks
Desired Experience & Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Knowledge of relevant subject areas preferred
· Excellent editing and writing skills
· Knowledge of basic HTML
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Experience editing in a content management system
· Effective communication abilities
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize effectively
We welcome you to a dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Infobase’s compensation and benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of the kind of things you can expect when joining our team.
o Competitive base salary
o Company “Summer” Hours – Friday afternoons off from July 4th through Labor Day
o 12 Company-recognized holidays (including one flexible holiday for mental health and/or religious observance).
o Work / Life balance: Paid Time Off (Discretionary days), paid parental leave, employee referral program, wellness seminars and additional programs to participate in
Full Benefits Package:
· Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Legal, etc.
· Retirement: 401(K) plan, including a company match
· Disability: Employer sponsored Long-term, short-term
· For additional information, please inquire
For 80 years, Infobase has created and curated exceptional content for educators, librarians, and learners across the globe. We are proud of our rich history in publishing, from supplying facts on the set of Jeopardy!, to the newsroom with Walter Cronkite, to the bookshelves of the Oval Office. Infobase brands such as Facts On File, Credo, Films On Demand, Learn360, The World Almanac® for Kids, Vault Law, Firsthand, The Mailbox®, CareerEco and many others have long since been trusted resources in the lives of journalists, presidents, teachers, and career seekers just like you! Today, we are an educational solutions provider who facilitates the connection between content, people, and the learning experiences that empower you to evolve personally and professionally throughout your life. To learn more, visit www.Infobase.com.