Founded in 2013, BetterUp is the global leader in mobile-based professional coaching, counseling, and mentorship. BetterUp combines world-class coaching with AI technology and behavioral science to deliver personalized behavior change at scale, improving the well-being, adaptability, and effectiveness of the workforce. With a network of over 2,000 coaches, BetterUp offers coaching in 49 languages across 66 countries, along with interactive professional development content, analytics and real-time insights to track employee progress. Used by more than 300 companies, including leading Fortune 1,000 companies, BetterUp drives transformational and lasting behavior change, resulting in improved business outcomes across organizations and inspires people everywhere to pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Additional investors in the company include Freestyle Capital, Crosslink Capital, Tenaya Capital, NBA All-Star Pau Gasol, and Olympic gold-medalist Shaun White.
We’re looking for a full-time Art Director to join our growing creative team. As a critical part of our small but mighty team, you’ll help elevate our brand by leading a small team of designers and developers, creating forward-thinking designs, engaging digital experiences, and contributing to our vibrant, diverse culture. You’ll play a large part in our mission to make positive change in the world, and transform how people think and live.
- Create compelling, innovative, best-in-class stories, campaigns, visual concepts, and digital experiences that drive business growth and propel our brand forward.
- Partner across the disciplines of brand, design, digital, strategy, and demand generation, you’ll lead the development of provocative, impactful campaign ideas, and foster them from concept through execution.
- Lead, inspire, and manage a small team of designers and developers by communicating a vision for the project, as well as involving key stakeholders at the optimal levels, to ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make informed decisions, and communicate effectively in high-pace situations and while managing multiple projects.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- You have an incredible portfolio of brand, marketing, and design work demonstrating strong conceptual thinking, a passion for design, and extensive experience bringing holistic brand ideas to life across a variety of channels.
- 7-10 years of experience in-house or at creative agencies, working across digital, traditional media, and brand.
- You are equally comfortable leading, aligning, and inspiring others as you are with doing design work yourself (you’ll need to be hands-on).
- You’re a risk taker when it comes to design. You push past the obvious. You strive to make work that you love and experiences that help people live more meaningful, fulfilling lives.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, and possess strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- You are highly collaborative, organized, and kind, with a desire to think differently about what advertising, branding, and content can be.
- You possess a cultural curiosity that keeps you on the pulse of emerging technology, art forms, and entertainment.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.