📍Remote in the UK 🇬🇧 | 💰 £34650.00 – £45000.00 depending on experience + plus stock options + Benefits | Fighting Financial Crime the Monzo Way
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we’re doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people’s lives through Monzo.
About our Financial Crime Team:
Our Financial Crime team is at the heart of how we at Monzo protect our bank and protect our customers.
We are looking for financial crime specialists or subject matter experts with extensive financial crime experience to join our dedicated team as Financial Crime Technical Managers in Anti-Money Laundering.
Financial Crime Technical Managers play a key role in our Operational Leadership team and work with wider stakeholders implementing product, process and typology enhancements. They are responsible for helping our Financial Crime Investigators achieve accurate and efficient outcomes on financial crime tasks, while also being personally responsible for the completion of some of our riskiest and most complex tasks.
What you’ll be working on:
You will act as the final point of technical escalation within the operational teams, and ensure that our trickiest escalations are resolved accurately and efficiently, while also ensuring that constructive feedback is provided. Technical Managers also provide product and process feedback to the teams supporting Financial Crime, to make sure there is a constant flow of feedback from the operation into the teams that own our tools and risks.
As part of the Operational Leadership team, you will provide technical support to Team Managers and have a keen eye on our quality assurance processes and emerging risks. You will also support hiring Financial Crime Investigators and Team Managers.
- Investigating the most complex and high risk account activity at Monzo.
- Acting as the final point of technical escalation or approval for our Financial Crime Investigators and Team Managers.
- Supporting urgent or complex complaints investigations that require financial crime expertise (e.g. complaints escalated to Financial Ombudsman Service).
- Performing real-time approvals on some of our highest risk tasks.
- Providing specialist knowledge and delivering coaching to Investigators and Team Managers.
- Working with Financial Crime Compliance Analysts and Product Partners to test new tasks, processes, or rules.
- Identifying gaps in knowledge, policy or procedure and help to facilitate solutions.
- Hiring new Investigators and Team Managers for Financial Crime.
You should apply if:
- You have significant experience in conducting complex financial crime or fraud investigations with limited or no supervision to resolution.
- You are a strong team player and able to work effectively as part of a technical team.
- You have deep subject matter expertise in Financial Crime, specifically exposure in Anti-Money Laundering.
- You have the ability to handle complex escalations within Financial Crime, Anti-Money Laundering Operations.
- You can provide actionable specific feedback to a wide range of audiences and levels.
- You have significant experience of identifying trends and delivering financial crime technical training and coaching to combat these.
- You have a strong understanding of Financial Crime and Fraud prevention policy and regulations.
- You have great time management skills, experience of managing conflicting priorities and prioritising time sensitive workloads.
- You hold or are working towards an advanced qualification or diploma in Anti Money Laundering, or a similar Financial Crime industry qualification we can consider.
- You are able to articulate financial crime risks facing fintechs and the banking sector.
- You might have recent experience in, or awareness of, end-to-end enhanced due diligence or open-source investigations as well as your Anti-Money Laundering knowledge.
- You might have fluency in MacOS, Slack, and GSuite tools. But if you don’t hold these, we would still like to hear from you.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 5 main stages:
- An informal telephone discussion with a member of our Hiring team (30 minutes)
- A Take Home Task aimed as displaying your Financial Crime expertise (1 hour)
- A Role Specific / Technical interview with Operations Managers (1 hour)
- A Leadership / Values interview with Operations Managers (1 hour)
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us via [email protected]
What’s in it for you:
💰 £34650.00 – £45000.00, depending on experience + plus stock options
📍This role is fully remote / requires full-time home working.
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we’ll make this happen whenever we can – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The closing date for this role is Friday 13th January 2023 at 12 noon.