At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the position
Cloudflare is looking for a bright, proactive and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to support two VPs in the Security Org supporting VP of Product Delivery & Security and VP Security Technology & Ops. This role will be reporting to the lead Security Executive Assistant.
Your job is to keep our leaders organized, prioritized and productive while we grow from 3500+ employees and beyond. This role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple high-priority requests. It also requires the ability to work with team members at all levels, sometimes under pressure. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is important, as is a positive attitude. The ideal candidate is a seasoned AA who understands the value in cultivating relationships and prides themselves on being a career EA.
**The candidate must be based in the Central Time Zone
What you’ll do
- Admin: Provide excellent administrative support for members of the Security Leadership team exercising high attention to detail and discretion to every matter. Plan, coordinate and execute meeting set-up and events. Including room set-ups, light catering, Audio/Visual set up, attendance tracking and materials distribution. Provide agendas, detailed data, information and resources in preparation for meetings.
- Project Management: Assist in streamlining team projects on an ad hoc basis. Light document creation in working alongside the Infrastructure leadership team in addition to collaborating with them on a regular basis for internal team events and deadlines.
- Calendar: Proactively own and flawlessly execute on calendars, prioritizing with purpose, deflecting with tact, and understanding both the short- and long-term impacts of each confirmed, declined, and rescheduled meeting. Ensure the leaders are equipped with all the necessary meeting information and manage inbound and outbound requests. If you enjoy “playing Tetris” with different Time Zones and schedules to help people get together, that would be a plus!
- Travel and Expenses: Plan all aspects of domestic and international travel, optimizing and balancing executives’ time with cost of travel; monitoring flights for up to the minute changes; ensuring all documents are secured and up-to-date. Ensure timely submission of expense reports through Concur.
- EA Team: Our EA team has a high degree of camaraderie and so the ideal candidate will enjoy partnering closely with their peers and foster teamwork.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- You have minimum 3 years experience as an Administrative Assistant in a high growth environment, prior experience supporting senior leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and major airline carrier’s platforms
- Exhibits a strong work ethic, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Incredibly organized and resourceful, able to juggle and multi-task with acute attention to detail and follow through
- Personable with a can do attitude that sees no task or project to be too small or too big
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $81,000 – $99,000
- For New York City, Washington, and California (excluding Bay Area) based hires: Estimated annual salary of $95,000 – $116,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $99,000 – $121,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave