The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2022.
About the Role
- Collaborate with FP&A department to support monthly and quarterly management reporting and flux analyses
- Assist with deliverables and management of annual financial audit
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to properly apply accounting guidance and improve business processes and policies
- Perform special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis, as required
- Heavily contribute to the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close activities. This includes preparation and review of all required analyses and balance sheet reconciliations. Successful candidates should be ready to grow into a leadership role
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions that will result in greater efficiency and accuracy for the monthly close process
- Design, document, implement and maintain effective accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Participate and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual partnership accrual and remittance
- Manage various operational accounting functions, including accounts payable, expense reporting, corporate credit cards, and treasury activities
- Liaise with International Accounting Teams to review consolidated financial data during the financial close
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of accounting experience, including a mix of public accounting/software or Insurtech industry experience preferred
- Operational Accounting experience focussed with system integration experience preferred
- Experience at a supervisory/manager level required
- SEC reporting experience strongly preferred, either through client service or working at a public company
- Proven ability to interpret and apply accounting guidance to prepare formal, well-supported memos/supporting analyses
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present technical guidance and analysis in a comprehensive and articulate manner to different levels and departments throughout the organization
- Experience in a startup environment is highly preferred with expert ability to switch between competing initiatives as needed
- Process optimization focused – vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Excel modeling
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Floqast is preferred
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 – $155,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.