In the last few years, remote and hybrid work has had an explosion in popularity, giving workers an unprecedented level of access to opportunity and an increase in quality of life. However, our existing tools were not set up to do remote work well. Work can be isolating, transactional, and void of the camaraderie that makes everyone feel like they’re in it together.
To solve this, Gather builds virtual offices that bring the best of in-person work to remote. We’ve already seen success with our approach, with over 10,000 remote-first companies using our spaces every day.
And yet it’s still the early days for our broader vision of the Metaverse. We’re excited about how the Metaverse can break down physical constraints that exist today, not just in where you can work, but which friends/family you can see, or what educational opportunities you can have access to.
Join us in this mission!
As a part-time Accounting Consultant at Gather, you will be responsible for our end-to-end accounting process. This role is perfect for someone who is hungry, hands-on, and willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
You will be expected to pick up unstructured tasks or projects and run with them to the finish line, be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently, and prioritize and deliver on tasks at hand.
Where you will make an impact:
- Manage and execute all day-to-day transactions related to cash inflows and outflows
- This includes receivables, payables, taxes, expenses, and reimbursements
- Work with our external bookkeepers to vet the monthly financial statements
- Manage all state business registrations and ensure compliance with state taxes
- Manage equity for new hires and departing employees
- Improve existing processes and controls, perform and maintain internal controls
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5+ years of experience in a related position or industry
- Solid accounting skills related to booking journal entries, monthly reconciliations, and month-end close procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proactive, and faces challenges head-on
- Detail-oriented and highly accurate
- Organized and meticulous
- Big 4 public accounting is a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, with a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and fair value accounting
US Salary Range