Fantastic internationally remote opportunity for an Account Executive to be an early member of a sales team at a VC-funded, remote-first startup focussed on building the future of global employment & payroll.
Boundless was born from the belief that people should have the freedom to shape their work lives without forfeiting their right to secure employment. We started by looking for ways to offer compliance across borders. It’s what our founders had struggled with at previous companies, but along the way, we figured that this is about so much more than ticking compliance boxes. We have since been raising the bar of what great remote employment looks like. For each new country where we establish our employment & payroll infrastructure, we try to set the gold standard of remote employment. Currently, 21 people across 8 countries are working hard to make that a reality and help democratise access to well-paid jobs worldwide. Together we are commanding a rallying call to companies that are changing the way work works.
We’re focused on filling the Boundless team with people who ‘get it’. People who have experience working themselves remotely or who have tried to solve this problem before. People who enjoy the quality of life that remote working offers, and want to help others do the same.
People who care.
We’re looking for an empathetic, customer focused and detailed oriented Account Executive to take a leading role in growing our customer base. You will report to our Sales Manager, and will work alongside one other Account Executive. Our sales team is in the early stages of its development, and this is a team that is expected to expand significantly over a short time, offering speedy career progression for the right person.
This role is for an OTE of £80,000 per year, including a £40,000 base salary depending on experience level.
As our Account Executive you will be in a customer facing role, with a number of areas of focus:
Key focus areas:
- Developing a clear understanding of our product and value proposition
- Managing a pipeline with varying timelines, and constantly moving customers through the pipeline
- Closing qualified leads provided by marketing and our BDR
- Ensuring our CRM is kept up to date, and that prospects are being engaged with and moved through the pipeline
- Looking for ways to further automate our sales processes, to save you and the team time
- Learning about our sales cycle and process but also providing input into our strategy and suggesting improvements as we grow
- Logging your learnings, to help us onboard new sales hires in the future in our sales playbook
- Mentoring our BDR and supporting the Sales Manager in training new hires
- Working closely with our Sales Manager & CEO, as we work with external partners & advisors on sales targeting strategies
- Advising on feedback from the market to our Country Expansion & Product Teams to ensure our roadmap is best aligned with customer demand, and to our Marketing Team, to ensure we’re producing content & providing tools that offer real value to customers & sales prospects
We are looking for someone with:
- Great communication skills
- 2 or more years experience in a closing role. We will also consider applications from people with just one year experience in a closing role where they have also spent a number of years in a BDR position
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- A natural people person, who is not afraid to start a conversation with new people and ask the right questions
- A strategic mindset with a customer first approach; someone who is not solely transactional in their interactions, but who also understands the value of providing a great experience to customers & sales prospects
- Ambitious! Someone who wants to be part of an early scaling team and is excited at the prospect of an accelerated career path
- An understanding of how to use a CRM, experience creating pipeline reports, and the discipline to correctly log data
Not essential, but a bonus if you have any of the following:
- Experience managing a pipeline, sourcing leads or closing deals
- Previous experience selling to buyer decision-makers in Finance, Operations and/or HR roles
- A background working at companies in the HR, Finance or SaaS sectors
- Experience working remotely with teams that favour asynchronous communication
- Some understanding of the issues around international employment and scaling
- Exposure to a venture-backed startup / early stage business
We ‘eat our own dog-food’! Boundless is a remote-first team. That means that you can work remotely from any of these countries that Boundless supports, and you will enjoy the security of having full, compliant employment
Time Off – Everyone in the team is entitled to 41 paid days off per year (including public holidays, 4 company days off, and birthday leave). Your well-being is a high priority. You are encouraged to use this allowance and have a proper break to recharge your batteries!
Flexible Working Hours – We work a standard 8 hours day but our core hours are 11.00-15.00 Dublin time, where you are expected to be contactable – leaving you to fit in the remaining 4 hours whenever works best for you. At Boundless, we want our work to fit our lifestyles. We don’t believe in counting hours and we want everyone to focus on goals and achievements instead. We know that everyone has different needs when it comes to how they work, when they’re most productive, and how they manage their life. We’re all responsible adults, and we trust each other.
Location Flexibility – We employ people all over the world, and you’re free to work from any of the countries here Boundless supports employment.
Full Employment – You will be on a locally-compliant permanent employment agreement, with full employment protections of the country that you’re based in.
Career Growth – We’re looking to reward good performance, and see people progress through the organisation as we grow.
WFH/Co-work Stipends – We contribute to the costs of home-working, or will provide you with a budget so that you work from a co-working space if you prefer not to work from home.
Generous Equipment/Hardware Budget – We’ll ensure you have the right tools..
Employee Assistance Program – Your emotional wellbeing is important. We’ll provide you with paid-for access to mental health supports.
Annual Budget to attend events, meet-ups and conferences – You’ll be encouraged to build a network and develop your career.
Monthly online team socials & quarterly international in-person team retreats – Opportunities to get to know your colleagues
Industry Benchmarked Salary – We benchmark our salaries to the industry standard for tech startups and we believe in offering a fair salary which not only reflects your value at your level of experience in your field but also your value to us.
Boundless is an Equal Opportunities Employer
**THIS IS AN INTERNATIONALLY REMOTE ROLE THAT CAN BE DONE FROM ANY OF THE COUNTRIES WHERE BOUNDLESS SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT**