Salary $70,000 – $80,000
iTutor is the leading solution provider for educator placement. iTutor’s mission is to transform student’s lives by providing the highest quality educational support through live-streaming instruction, anywhere at any time. We partner with school districts and college access programs across North America to expand school walls with real-time, synchronous personalized virtual learning through advanced technology and our large community of State-Certified Teachers.
We are proud of the culture we are creating and actively seek incredible talent to enhance our fully remote & dynamic team!
iTutor.com is looking for an Academics Team Generalist who is passionate about student education. This person will bridge responsibilities between our Academic Research and Educator Management teams. The ideal candidate is solutions-oriented, great at creative problem-solving, and comfortable with some ambiguity.
- Utilize iTutor’s research-based evaluation rubric to assess teacher performance throughout the year at regular intervals and implement iTutor’s coaching plan to support the development of high-quality teachers. .
- Work with the team to revise, as needed, the Educator contract agreement that informs teachers of their roles, responsibilities, and the Company’s expectations.
- Support educator escalations due to breach in policy by conducting conversations around adherence and status of engagement.
- Collaborate in the planning and implementation of ongoing professional development opportunities to ensure teachers are proficient with the Company’s tech stack, instructional and tutoring models, operating procedures and policies, and assessment/grade book tools.
- In collaboration with the Academics Team, track and identify emerging trends in online learning in the K-12 marketplace and make recommendations to the Company’s leadership.
- Provide educators resources/content on how to best understand and utilize student performance data to inform instruction.
- Work in collaboration with academic research to clean, organize, and analyze student performance data.
- Conduct literature reviews to support academic writing for research and impact briefs.
- Provide thought-leadership to marketing and sales efforts in the development of new educational program offerings consistent with the capabilities of iTutor.
- Advanced degree, ideally minimum Master’s in Education
- Minimum two years as an instructional coach
- Minimum five years of teaching experience in K-12 setting
- Knowledge of and experience with effective instruction and assessment
- Data analysis, cleaning, and organization skills
- Intermediate excel/google sheets skills
- Familiarity with student performance data and the ability to clean/organize large volume data
- Preferred: experience w/R, SAS, SPSS, or other data analytic tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work positively and cooperatively with others.
- Understand the entrepreneurial culture of a start-up and demonstrate the ability to work in an environment with some ambiguity.
- Some travel to school/university meetings and conferences is required.
iTutor oﬀers its employees a highly collaborative, transparent, and fully remote work environment. We integrate iTutor’s values of Empathy, Innovation, and Integrity into the company’s culture and everyday practices. All team members receive unlimited paid time oﬀ (PTO), paid holidays and sick time, a 401(k) program, company-paid life insurance, and access to medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and voluntary life insurance coverage options. We continue to improve and expand our total rewards package and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment that empowers each individual and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
iTutor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.