At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our Calm Health team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm Health is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
The Consultant Relationship Manager will support the Calm Health team, primarily by leveraging their experience as a health benefits broker or consultant, to support the development and deployment of strategies to align Calm Health messaging, outreach, and interactions with the needs of Consultants and their clients. This person will be the “consultant in the room” when necessary to ask probing questions and challenge, when appropriate, Calm’s standard sales and marketing messages in a way that creates stronger connections with advisors. This person will be primarily advisor facing, but will also contribute to and support the development of excellent sales support content and training for the Calm Health team as needed. They will be an entry point for Consultants who are looking for information about Calm both for their internal teams and their clients.
- Expand awareness of Calm within consulting and brokerage firms with a focus on creating trust that Calm can drive both engagement and outcomes within their employer populations
- Manage execution of consultant engagement strategies to increase the number of interactions with consultants and ultimately increase opportunities from consultants.
- Respond to inbound interest regarding Calm from global consultants and create connections to sales team members as needed
- Connect with consultants on on outbound basis to provide valuable information for them and their clients
- Set up meetings with the appropriate stakeholders internally with consultants. This includes, but is not limited to, Director of Consultant Partnerships, Account Execs based on territory and target size, and subject matter experts as needed
- Lead consultant meetings in small and mid market business segments.
- Contribute to marketing, account management, sales enablement and ops overall
- Collect market intelligence and competitive information, and thought leadership information from advisor resources and distribute to Calm Health sales and marketing teams in an accessible and usable way
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience as an employee benefit consultant or broker focused on health and welfare benefits. Health management or health and productivity consulting experience is a plus.
- Understanding of and experience in health benefit strategy, procurement and implementation
- Ability to “speak consultant” and interpret for Calm’s team. Focus on wearing the “consultant” hat in the room – ask questions that challenge the status quo in a way that creates better, more specific and data driven responses
- Ability to work within a fast paced hyper growth startup environment
- Focused on transparency, trust and superb advisor and client experience
- Drive for Results
- Startup ability
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- Team player, has to be able to work with lots of people and be patient
- Positive relationships with a network of consultants and HR / Benefit teams
- Start up experience or experience in a point solution environment working directly with consultants and brokers
- Experience with SFDC and other CRM tools
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.