At Shopify, we’re merchant obsessed. Our merchants are the reason we do what we do every day, and their experience with our platform, as well as the experience of our Partners and Buyers, is of the utmost importance. Providing them with incredible support is our goal, and to do this we’ve built a complex multi-country, multi-language, multi-channel Global Support organization. Workforce Planning specifically plays a significant part in the overall success of our Support organization.
There are quite a few things that go into making our entire Support team a well-oiled machine that operates 24/7/365 and across multiple locations in the world. Workforce Planning is one area that plays a significant part in the overall success of our Support ecosystem. We are looking to grow our team, by adding a strategic thinker to the role of Workforce Planning Specialist.
Reporting to one of our Workforce Planning Managers, you will be responsible for significant areas covered by the Workforce Planning department. This role is perfect for you if you like managing data, long term planning, meeting with stakeholders, discussing options, and holding strong opinions loosely. Regular meetings with all levels of management will be your norm. Also, you really should enjoy jigsaw puzzles because this is a giant one on a global scale.
You’ll need to understand:
- Forecasting, understanding and planning interval level staffing in a multi-skilled environment
- Capacity planning, and the things that drive where we need to hire
- Scheduling, taking your forecast and applying hires to that plan
- Data, and all the variables that contribute to our success
- How to work well and collaborate with others all over Support (including Leads from all levels)
You’ll be expected to:
- Be responsible for a portion of Support
- Work with internal partners to understand the challenges they face and how we can address them
- Analyse weekly results and prepare recaps for leadership
- Work with the business to put hiring plans into action
- Manage projects and distribute the work across the WFP team
- Have a deep understanding of our trends
- Have awareness as to what causes us to deviate from the expected
- Be a liaison between the WFP team and Senior Leadership
- Track team productivity and how that relates to our answer/abandon rates
- Understand differences in what we forecast vs what actually happened
- Help the team deep dive into data discrepancies
- Maintain the overall structure of our teams in various tools (Workday, Salesforce, Teleopti)
You’ll bring to the table:
- A deep understanding of what Workforce Planning departments do
- Experience with forecasting and planning in a similar environment
- A sense of what challenges a multi-channel global support organization as it continues to scale
- Creative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Extreme effectiveness working with others, particularly those in positions of authority
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Google Sheets, Teleopti, Salesforce and Mode
- Comfortable working independently, but aware when you should seek input
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
If you are excited about this opportunity, click on “Apply to this job” and be sure to your CV and covering letter.
Closing Date: Monday, 11th November @ 5pm IST
Location: Ireland – Remote
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.