Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced VP to lead and grow our business in the Public Sector. You will own and execute on the vision, strategy, and day-to-day tactics that we employ to grow. We seek an individual that thinks big and is comfortable operating across functional lines to identify and execute on new growth opportunities through direct selling, partner development, business development, strategic partnerships, and marketing. This strategic leader works with internal and external partners, as well as Individual Contributors, to open doors and close on new business – partnering on account calls, assisting in account health monitoring, and effectively maintaining strong account relationships while reducing churn and growing new business. This leader is both a mentor and a coach, and is a great evangelist.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in leading sales organizations. This is a newly created senior leadership position responsible for preserving and growing Twilio’s revenue from existing customers and new customer acquisition within the vertical. This individual will build and lead a team, reporting to our SVP North America and partnering with senior leaders across the company to drive revenue growth and increase Twilio’s market share.
- 15+ years of technology sales experience and 5+ years in a leadership capacity where you have built and/or scaled a team of 50+ and a business beyond $100M.
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS or consumption based technology experience where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance.
- Proven track record of successfully building and growing revenue/teams for technical solutions and expanding customer relationships to new departments and c-suite.
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Brings data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting.
- Model our core values and attributes; invest in the success of your team, and create a meaningful experience for people.
- Drive revenue for Twilio business in select State & Local Government accounts and territories.
- Deliver performance against goals consistently and predictably
- Manage individual contributors with passion and discipline
- Understand and Sell Twilio as part of value of omni-channel platform
- Build strong, lasting relationships with clients and partners.
- Track, monitor and accurately forecast business across the territory.
- Improve overall customer satisfaction in assigned accounts.
Wear the Customer’s Shoes – Ownership of and responsibility for revenue from existing client base. Ensure renewals, minimize churn and profitably upsell expanded use while cross selling new use cases into existing accounts, measure and develop the funnel at every sales stage, accurately forecast cross-sell, up-sell, and organic revenue growth.
Be Inclusive – Build, develop and retain a diverse, high-performing sales team that cultivates trusted-advisor relationships with our customers and prospects at all levels (developer to c-suite).
Draw the Owl – Lead the development of a repeatable and scalable customer acquisition and client success methodology.
Be Bold – Working with Twilio product teams to help roll out new products, pricing, and services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Base Salary: $225-250k
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.