Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, license, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, and Nas.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Product, Platform will ensure the successful development and operation of the company’s largest business unit which includes: payments, ecommerce, and adtech solutions. As leader of the Platform, you will serve our internal publishing teams, along with third-party publishers, providing proprietary solutions that enhance their ability to serve players and make money.
More specifically, in this role you will…
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to scale our existing (payments and ecommerce) solutions and expand into proprietary ad monetization
- Recruit, align, and coach a high-performing team across design, product, and live operations
- Deliver ambitious KPIs including user growth, customer conversion, and long-term retention in partnership with other functions (Engineering, Growth, BD, and Games)
- Promote a culture of service, ownership, and delivery to establish our platform as the trusted solution for its B2B partners and B2C customers
What makes you a great candidate?
- 10+ years of product experience in games, payments, adtech, and/or ecommerce
- Demonstrable success leading teams to develop high-quality products from scratch as well as scale existing solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to synthesize complex product and commercial matters to a range of stakeholders
- Ambitious, hard-working, entrepreneurial mindset, with an orientation toward problem-solving and a strong desire to win
- Empathy for gamers and frontier market consumers gained through personal or professional experience
Carry1st is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Our team is diverse and global as we operate fully-remotely across 25+ countries. At Carry1st, you will have the opportunity to…
- Develop, launch, and scale industry-defining products and services
- Make a difference, serving a large underserved user base across Africa and global frontier
- Become a leader in an emerging VC-backed startup with strong prospects
- Own shares in the company, enabling you to benefit from the value you help create
- Work from anywhere in the world (time zone permitting) with immense personal flexibility
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!