Think about the most cherished live event you experienced. Now think about that experience and the billions around the globe who yearn to gather and rekindle human connection. Eventbrite is going to lead the return of live experiences. We are going to bring the world together again but this lofty ambition relies on the foundation of top talent and strong company culture. That is where you come in!
We want to harness our mission, the brilliance of our business, and the culture of our company – to find, attract, and onboard the best humans for that mission. Hiring the best talent globally is no easy feat. Our up-and-coming Talent Acquisition (TA) team, when firing on all cylinders, can passionately connect that vision and story with top-notch talent in a highly candidate-centric manner, building relationships long before the hire and on through the person’s Eventbrite experience. When we’re winning here, we’re rallying behind a talent strategy that inspires, with a blend of science and passion.
THE ROLE & IMPACT
The nature of Eventbrite’s ambitious mission calls for a world class organization of high performing, passionate individuals who build on our culture and carry us past the re-opening of live events and onto the next stage of growth. If successful, this individual will be widely respected as the person leading the passion, strategy and delivery of how we accomplish that! This will include leading on: analytics that help us find the diverse talent needed to win, employment branding and how we’re positioning ourselves globally in a post-pandemic world, talent intelligence (and the mapping of our strategy to business needs for each market), and an extraordinary candidate experience. In building a world class company via a world class TA function, the person in this role will position the hiring managers to own the success of their hiring efforts and be one step ahead of everyone on the talent plan. A winning impact will be partly in the metrics – but also in the narrative of the TA team members being widely viewed as essential partners and one step ahead of the business in meeting the organizational talent needs.
The VP, Talent Acquisition will be based in the USA and report into the Chief Human Resources Officer.
THE SKILL SET & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will bring the right balance of collaboration, influence, and expert leadership – making people feel heard, but also biasing toward decisive action and impact, by urgently positioning their team for success. More specifically:
- Demonstrable success in building forward-thinking talent strategy with executive and TA teams in a collaborative fashion and shaping / executing arms of the strategy accordingly (eg. employment branding, early career talent practices, analytics that move the org faster and net higher quality talent, etc.)
- Adept at presenting and communicating complex plans in a simple and compelling manner – to executive teams and the board of directors
- Track record of leading employment branding strategies via strong partnership (eg. with Comms) and innovative solutions to stand out amongst competition and / or lower awareness markets.
- A proven track record of success in building and leading highly effective TA strategy in global / distributed organizations (bonus if in tech / growth environments). Leadership experience in mentoring, managing and developing high performing teams
- Expertise in driving TA excellence, leveraging data to improve everything from candidate experience, flexible requisition balancing that anticipates future needs, quality of hire, funnel optimization, etc.
- Expertise in leading a suite of TA tools and 3rd party services that work in concert with, and provide the right lift to, the TA team
- Expertise in adopting evidenced-based solutions that result in greater diversity and inclusion in hiring efforts (and, contrarily, resolving practices that inhibit D&I in those efforts). Adept at directly challenging leaders on their role here and how to improve
- Adept at using metrics and analytics to lead an anticipatory hiring model (eg. forecasting net and backfill hiring needs to ensure the org is resourced for the hiring needs) and keep executives informed on progress and decisions through simple and effective communications / presentations
- A role model of collaboration with key partners (eg. Finance, Communications, executive teams) and conviction / courage when push-back is needed to challenge assumptions
- A deep understanding of the highly competitive and evolving (eg. remote work) talent markets
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, embracing a dynamic & high-growth environment
- An unyielding passion to provide the ultimate candidate experience
- And last but not least – Eventbrite affinity! Be inspired by our mission and passionate about amplifying our culture
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Please note that the job can be performed anywhere where Eventbrite has an entity except Colorado.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.