Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today!
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
About the Role:
No matter when a FUEL:IMV Video Editor hears the word “timeline”, for a moment they see edit decisions.
While there are many roles inside the FUEL:IMV video production team, there is no one more essential to the success of the video department than the Video Editor. While others may guide and direct, it is the Video Editor who is ultimately responsible for taking the jumble of client call notes, voiceover files, scripts, art files, motion templates, and running footage and single-handedly transforming it into a complete and compelling story — all in a matter of hours. Under the direction of the Post-Production Supervisor and in collaboration with FUEL:IMV producers, they use their expertise in motion design, editing, and sound design to leap over production challenges with a keen attention to detail and create the broadcast advertisements our automotive customers need on-time, every time.
Editing / Motion Design:
- Edit and deliver video advertisements to support FUEL:IMV customer fulfillment
- Create engaging motion graphics and animated content to support ongoing video edits, development projects, and design needs
- Design and produce motion graphic templates to be used and shared throughout the post-production department
- Under direction of FUEL:IMV leadership, lead production of new creative library content from script to screen
- Ensure all post-production deliverables for client fulfillment adhere to OEM compliance standards for broadcast and digital delivery
- Support and contribute to proper departmental file management, ensuring success for all FUEL:IMV post-production team members
- Act as a leader and creative problem solver inside the FUEL:IMV organization, lending expertise to production, pre-production, design, and development challenges
- Act as an SME of the FUEL:IMV creative library and overall offerings
- High proficiency in video editing workflows and softwares, including Adobe® Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, AVID Media Composer, Final Cut Pro 7 / X.
- High proficiency in media, video codecs, and compression best-practices — including for application in development environments
- Proficiency in Photoshop + Illustrator
- Critical attention to detail to ensure that every deliverable is pixel-perfect
- Obsessive organizational skills
- Patience in both accepting and delivering feedback from clients, stakeholders, and teammates
- The ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, and analytics skills
- Strong individual management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities at once
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.