We are looking for an experienced User Support Operations Manager join our team at Mozilla. As a member of our Customer Experience team, your primary objectives are to help us deliver world-class support experiences to our diverse community of users, and build reports that share valuable insights with our product teams. Your experience working on highly effective support teams will both inform our overall support strategy and help direct day-to-day support interactions with our users.
You will be joining a small team with an outsized impact. The Customer Experience team supports Mozilla’s family of products including Firefox, Pocket, and more. Our team is also responsible for Mozilla’s support platform (SUMO), which is used by more than 1 million people a day and is powered by a passionate, global community of volunteers who spend their time answering user questions and writing and localizing knowledge base articles into more than 50 languages.
As a User Support Operations Manager at Mozilla, you will…
- Lead the execution of world-class support experiences across multiple channels including email, social media, and more
- Coordinate the deployment of support channels for new products
- Build effective processes for tracking and reporting on support trends and insights
- Use both qualitative and quantitative data to help solve problems and guide strategy decisions
- Provide mentorship and thought-partnership to support staff on how to approach daily support interactions
- Investigate issues on a technical level and follow reporting and escalation processes
- Analyze and report on key support metrics to help track our team’s performance goals
Your professional profile
- Proven experience in customer service roles
- Collaborates readily and communicates skillfully with in-person and remote teams
- Have honed a writing style that is genuine, warm, empathetic, and can be adapted to user-specific skill levels and needs
- Possess a strong product sense, and understand what it means to deliver a phenomenal customer experience
- Understand the fundamentals and strategy for troubleshooting technical issues with software products
- Have a natural desire to gain a deep and detailed understanding of software products (i.e. you tap every button, navigate every menu, try every setting) and enjoy being a resource of knowledge for others
- Can engage with cross-functional teams, including engineering, QA, product, marketing, and operations
- Adaptable and resourceful in a constantly evolving work environment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.